“I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees”. Whether you’re celebrating Dr. Seuss’ birthday, Reading Week, Earth Day, or having a Lorax movie night, these Dr. Seuss Lorax Mustache Pops are the perfect fun treat to enjoy while reading the book or watching the movie! The Lorax is one of our favorite Dr. Seuss books. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” It’s one that can spark some great discussion on ecology and the environment. So, this is a book often used for Earth Day and even in some science classes as part of their ecology units. It also fits well if you’re celebrating Dr. Seuss’s birthday or as part of “Reading Week” or “Read Across America Day”.
As a former teacher, I know how popular that is. In fact, we have a huge list of Dr. Seuss crafts & fun foods here you can check out! So, we’re adding another fun idea to the list with these fun Dr. Seuss Lorax Mustache candy pops!
Candy Lorax Mustache Pops Supplies
The beauty of making these little treats is that they are SOOOooo easy to make! You only need a couple supplies and a little bit of time. Really, there’s just one ingredient – yellow chocolate candy melts! Then, you’ll just need to make sure you have lollipop sticks and a mustache mold!
So fun & so easy!
Making Lorax Mustache Candy Pops
The process to make the candy pops is easy. You’ll just need to melt the yellow candy melts (according to package directions), pour into the mold, and place a lollipop stick on the back of the mustache mold. Then, let them set – ideally in the refrigerator to speed up the process! And that’s it! It really doesn’t get any easier and they turn out so cute! The candy mustaches are such a simple cute treat to enjoy with any Lorax festivities.
More Dr. Seuss Fun Foods
If you’re looking for some more fun Dr. Seuss inspired foods to add to the fun of the Dr. Seuss Lorax mustache pops, be sure to check these out!
- One Fish, Two Fish Popcorn Munch
- Cat in the Hat Push Pops
- Green Eggs & Ham Pancakes
- Thing 1 & Thing 2 Cupcakes
- Healthy Pink Ink Drink
- 1 cup of yellow chocolate candy melts
- Place the yellow candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt according to package directions.
- Pour the candy melts into the mustache mold. When it’s filled, place a lollipop stick on the back of the mustache. Pour a small amount on top to cover the stick.
- Tap the center of the mold a bit to make sure there are no air bubbles.
- Place in the refrigerator to harden.
- Remove the pops from the mold and enjoy!