Green Eggs and Ham is one of our favorite Dr. Seuss books! And, I’m a big fan of fun themed foods. So, why not make some fun Dr. Seuss inspired green eggs & ham pancakes?! You certainly could make actual green eggs as we did for our Dr. Seuss birthday dinner, but pancakes that resemble green eggs are totally fun too (and perfect if you have kiddos that aren’t big egg eaters)! Making the pancakes couldn’t be easier! You’ll just make a normal batch, add some green food coloring to part of the batter, and do a little “cookie-cutting”. Once everything is made, serve the pancakes up with some ham and you’ve got a fun green “eggs” & ham breakfast! Be sure to read the book right before (or during) breakfast or “brinner” for some added fun!
Dr. Seuss Inspired Green Eggs & Ham Pancakes!
- 4 Cups of prepared pancake batter
- green food coloring Wilton Icing Color, Green Leaf was used
- Divide pancake batter evenly between two bowls. Tint one bowl with the Wilton Icing Color (you can substitute green food coloring if necessary).
- Drop white batter by 1/3 cup fulls onto hot griddle or skillet. Quickly spread batter with spoon to make an oblong shape. When edges start to dry and top bubbles, flip and cook until light golden brown.
- Reduce temperature of skillet to 300°. Pour 1/3 cup of green batter, spreading into oblong shape. Cook until center is no longer doughy. DO NOT FLIP, as this will result in discoloring.
- When pancakes are cool enough to handle, use a circle cookie cutter or glass to cut the ‘yolk’. Place the plain cutouts in the green pancakes and vice versa.
- Serve with a side of ham.
Do you like green eggs and ham? 😉 You could always serve up some Strawberries ‘n Cream Cat in the Hat push pops for a “dessert”! Plus, don’t miss this ultimate Dr. Seuss list with over 75 more Seuss-tastic crafts & activities!