Score a touchdown with these fun football field cookies at your next football party or tailgate! We love football around here, so it’s no surprise that I love making “football food”. Our usual fare includes things like delicious dips, tasty sliders, even BBQ wings or smoked ribs! Dessert is always a good option though too! My favorite we’ve ever done for some football fun our these team spirit cake push-up pops. Sometimes you just need something sweet and EASY though! We recently shared these football jersey krispie treats for a fun tailgate dessert. But these cute football field cookies are super easy too! Yum! These cookies are actually homemade from scratch, but if you’re short on time you could definitely do a store bought short cut. In addition to your cookies, you just need some green & white frosting and some optional football candies or decorations if you want! Super easy – perfect for your football parties or some fun tailgating!
Here’s the easy recipe:
- ¾ C salted butter, softened
- ¾ C sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2¼ C all purpose flour
- White candy melts
- Green frosting
- Decorating bag
- Candy footballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet of parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then add in your almond extract, vanilla extract & egg.
- Mix in your flour to form dough.
- Knead the dough in your hands until it starts sticking together
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll dough out to approximately ⅛" thick with a floured rolling pin.
- Use a cookie cutter (we used a round scalloped cutter) to cut out the cookies and place them on the parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely on a wire baking rack.
- Frost each cookie with green frosting.
- Use melted white candy melts (melted according to package directions) or white frosting in a decorating bag to pipe the yard lines and numbers on to the cookies
- *Optional - place a football candy anywhere on the cookie.
Aren’t they fun?! Making fun themed food for special things like parties and holidays is my favorite! So, I happen to love these cute little cookies – as do my boys! 😉 Whip them up for your next game day festivities!
Like it? Pin it!Pin It