Looking for a great comfort food recipe? This Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Hash Brown Casserole is a versatile family favorite – perfect for a breakfast main dish, brunch, a potluck, or even a holiday meal side dish!
Yum! It may not be the prettiest dish to serve, but it this casserole is definitely a tasty comfort food dish!
Hash Brown Casserole
Hash brown casseroles are one of those “comfort foods” served up at all kinds of pot lucks, family meals and get-togethers. For many, it’s a staple at Easter. But, I happen to think that it also works great as a side dish anytime – breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner!Often times, you’ll see casseroles like this with crushed up corn flakes on top and melted butter. “Funeral Potatoes” is a common name for that dish. But, to save on calories, I didn’t include it here – and the results are still DELICIOUS!
In fact, the versatility is one of the great things about hash brown casseroles – that and the fact that they are SO easy to make!
Making Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Hash Brown Casserole
Really, you basically just mix a few ingredients together and dump everything in the casserole dish to make this! The star of course is the hash browns. And we love how easy those are to pick up at the store and keep in the freezer!
A traditional, basic hash brown casserole doesn’t have the ham and broccoli in it. So, this version is a little heartier. Made this way, the hash brown casserole really can be eaten as an entree with a side salad or some additional veggies. This also serves up perfectly for Easter brunch with some eggs and fruit! The boys love this, so it’s definitely a kid-friendly dish!Yum! I love a versatile recipe that is not only a crowd pleaser, but is super easy to prepare. And, the way I made it, the casserole is completely gluten-free!
No matter what though, it’s super tasty! In fact, I think we have a new family favorite around here. Our family tradition is always my great-grandma’s potato salad for Easter dinner. But, I think this dish might be necessary for Easter breakfast. It would be a GREAT way to use up some ham leftovers from Christmas or Easter
More Tasty Casserole ideas:
- Cheesy Broccoli Bake Side Dish
- Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Casserole
- Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
- Loaded Bake Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Pizza Casserole
- Crock Pot Corn Casserole
Here’s the printable recipe
Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Hash Brown Casserole
- 1 10.5 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup (or 1.5 C of homemade)
- 2 Cups Sour cream
- ¼ tsp Ground black pepper
- 2.5 Cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 30oz pkg Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- 1 Cup diced ham
- 2-3 Cups chopped broccoli (1 small frozen bag)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Chop frozen broccoli (thaw in microwave a bit if needed, but don't cook through). Chop/dice ham.
- In a large bowl, mix together soup, sour cream, and pepper. Stir in cheese (1.5 Cups), hash browns, broccoli, and ham until well combined.
- Spoon evenly into baking dish. Top with remaining 1 Cup of cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to an hour (until bubbly & the cheese starts becoming golden brown).
- Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with additional sliced green onion if desired.
Does YOUR family like hash brown casserole?
Mmmm that sure looks good. I think this will be on out Easter breakfast menu! TFS.
This looks delicious!!!
This looks delicious!!!