Easy to make and delicious, these cranberry cheese bites are the perfect Thanksgiving appetizer – bursting with flavor in every bite (sponsored by Frigo® Cheese Heads®).
If you need a delicious (and easy to make) appetizer idea for Thanksgiving or any time throughout the fall and holiday seasons, look no further than these cranberry cheese bites! The little puff pastry cups are filled with cranberry sauce, cheese, bacon, and pecans – complementing each other wonderfully. Guests will love having a couple of these before the dinner festivities get underway! SO good!
Cranberry Cheese Appetizer
The secret to this recipe being really easy to create is the cheese. I used Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese. And the bites are seriously SO good! Since we regularly keep Frigo® Cheese Heads® Cheese products in the house for convenient snacks, it was an easy option!! Because during the holidays, “easy” is definitely a bonus. Plus, most of the other ingredients are items I have on hand during the holiday season, as well– like cranberries/cranberry sauce, bacon, and pecans.
All you have to do is roll out a thawed puff pastry sheet and cut it into approximate 2″ squares. Place puff pastry dough in mini muffin tin wells and slice Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese into thin rounds. You’ll add some cheese slices, a bit of whole cranberry sauce, and a sprinkle of chopped bacon and pecans to each well. SUPER quick and easy. Then you just bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
They smell delicious while baking and look great for a pretty fall appetizer– really, they’re just the perfect little appetizer bites! So, be sure to save this recipe (printable card below) for a fabulously easy and tasty (and kid-friendly) fall appetizer bite!
More Easy Recipes With String Cheese
And for even more fun snack-time ideas and recipes, be sure to head over to the Frigo® Cheese Heads® website!
Here’s the printable recipe:
Cranberry Cheese Appetizer Bites
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese Sticks thinly sliced
- 1/2 C whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 C cooked bacon chopped
- 1/4 C pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Roll thawed puff pastry sheet into an approximate 10"x14" rectangle. Cut into 24 squares. Press each square gently into each muffin tin cup.
- Thinly slice string cheese. Place 4-5 of the thin rounds into each muffin cup.
- Add approximately 1 teaspoon of cranberry sauce into each cup. Top each cup with a sprinkle of bacon and pecans.
- Bake until pastry is golden brown, approximately 12-15 minutes.
Like it? Pin it!