Make these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Brownies for a delicious dessert treat anytime!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are one of our favorite sweet candy treats around here. So, add stuff them inside brownies and oh my goodness, you have a decadent dessert! Really, don’t they look sinfully delicious?!Yum, right?! To avoid eating the whole pan, I recommend baking these sweet treats to take to an event where you can share! 😉 They’re perfect for making with leftover Halloween candy too!
This recipe is all from-scratch (except for the Reese’s of course). But, if you’re pressed for time, I’m sure you could add the Reese’s to your favorite boxed brownie mix and the results would still be tasty! Here’s the recipe:
- ¾ C flour
- 2 C semisweet chocolate
- 2 Tbs cocoa powder
- 4 Tbs butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ C sugar
- ½ C packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6-8 packages of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, cold
- ¼ C butter, softened
- ⅓ C cocoa
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Tbs milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with foil and coat with a non-stick spray.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate in 1520 second increments, stirring until completely melted. Let cool 2-3 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add in the melted chocolate mixture. Then slowly add in the flour and cocoa mixture, mix well.
- Pour enough of the batter into the bottom of your baking dish just to cover the bottom. Spread with a spoon or spatula if needed.
- Lay the Reese's PB cups on top of the batter about 1 centimeter a part – you will need about 8 PB cups for the entire pan. Once all the candy cups are in place, pour the rest of the batter over the top and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool completely.
- While the brownies are cooling, prepare the frosting.
- Combine the cocoa powder, butter, sugar and vanilla. Slowly add in the milk 1 tbs. at a time.You may want to add in more milk depending on how thick you like your frosting. Using a hand-mixer, beat on high for 23 minutes.
- Once the brownies have cooled completely, lift the foil out of the pan (love the super easy cleanup!) Evenly spread the chocolate frosting over the top of the brownies.
- Cut brownies into *12 squares. Cut the rest of your Peanut Butter Cups bars into quarters and gently press one into the top of each brownie. **You could double the servings by cutting the the pan into 24 smaller size squares if desired.
- Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
YUM! There’s something about peanut butter and chocolate combined that is just SO good! These are sure to be a hit! And if you’re looking for other delicious dessert recipes made with candy, be sure to check these out: