Enjoy all the flavors of fall (without a lot of work) with this no-bake pumpkin pie trifle! It’s a creamy, delicious, easy-to-make pumpkin spice dessert that’s sure to be a hit with your family & friends at any of your fall festivities. Thanks to our friends at Torani for sponsoring this post. #ToraniPuremadeSauce
Pumpkin season is upon us! Who else is excited? Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin bars, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin muffins, ALL the pumpkin treats – yes, please! Mr. Mom Endeavors is a huge fan of pumpkin desserts so everyone around here is definitely ready for fall flavors. And this pumpkin pie trifle is one of our favorites. It’s a pumpkin dessert that works well throughout the entire fall and holiday seasons.
Really, this trifle is almost like a deconstructed pumpkin pie, but even easier to make than pie. Because it’s a no-bake pumpkin recipe, this is one that is perfect to whip up any time. It’s easy enough to make during a busy week just for a fun fall dessert at home, but “pretty enough” to make for a special fall gathering. It even makes a fantastic Thanksgiving Dessert! Doesn’t it look fabulous?! I love how pretty trifle desserts look with the layers and some fun garnishes on top! To help with those pretty flourishes and to kick up the pumpkin spice flavor in this tasty trifle, my “secret weapon” is Torani Pumpkin Pie Puremade Sauce!
Pumpkin Pie Sauce
I’m telling you, this is a must-have to keep in the kitchen for fall and pumpkin spice season! While you can certainly use Torani Puremade Sauce for all kinds of awesome drink creations (hello homemade pumpkin spice latte), I love using the puremade sauce for fun recipes like this! The flavor is DELICIOUS, plus there’s no artificial flavors, no artificial colors and no artificial preservatives!
Making Pumpkin Pie Trifle
So now let’s take about how to make this delicious pumpkin dessert. You’ll need 5 main ingredients: pumpkin puree, graham crackers, instant pudding, whipped topping, and of course, that delicious Torani Pumpkin Pie Puremade Sauce! I’m not a huge fan of the pie crust for pumpkin pie, so I think the graham crackers in this are a fantastic switch from traditional pumpkin pie. If you can find them, I recommend using cinnamon graham crackers for a little extra flavor! As the crackers soak up the moisture from the pumpkin & cream layers, they soften up to an almost cake-like consistency. YUM! So really, the only prep work involved in making this recipe is mixing up the pumpkin filling layer. You’ll do that by making the pudding, then folding in pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie sauce. Then, you just layer everything and you’re done! Here’s a few more tips though to help keep things super easy!
Variations: Truly, I think this pumpkin trifle is delicious as is. But, there are definitely some easy variations and substitutions you could make
- Use broken gingersnaps or spice cake as a base instead of graham crackers.
- Add some caramel syrup drizzle to the top
- Omit the pecans or switch to walnuts. If you want to really take things up a level, make maple candied pecans (recipe coming soon – OH MY GOODNESS, so good)! I mean, don’t those candied pecans look amazing?! SO good!
I think the pecans definitely makes the dish tastier and prettier. But you could certainly omit nuts altogether if needed for food allergies (or just because) and opt just for the pumpkin sauce drizzle with maybe some crushed graham crackers or even just a dusting of cinnamon.
Make Ahead: You can make this the night before and keep it in the fridge it you’d like. I think the garnishes on top though look better if you prepare those just before serving (especially if you’re going to dot it with whipped cream). You can also just make the pumpkin filling layer ahead of time and keep that refrigerated in a mixing bowl. That would keep nicely for up to a couple of days before you need to assemble the trifle. Any leftovers of the trifle will keep in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
So, you really can’t go wrong in trying this tasty pumpkin dessert! I love how easy it is to make…and the fact that it gets gobbled up quickly! 🙂
More Great Pumpkin Desserts
- Chocolate chip pumpkin bars
- Cinnamon pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting
- Caramel frosted pumpkin cookies
- Cinnamon chocolate chip pumpkin cookies
- Easy pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon frosting
Printable Pumpkin Pie Trifle Recipe
No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Trifle
- 18-20 full cinnamon graham crackers 2 wrapped packages, broken
- 2 small boxes 3.4oz instant pudding, cheesecake or vanilla
- 2 1/4 C milk
- 1 can 15oz pure pumpkin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 TBSP Torani Pumpkin Pie Puremade Sauce
- 1 tub whipped topping
Optional for garnish:
- Candied or regular pecans
- Whipped cream
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together instant pudding and milk. Whisk until well combined and pudding begins to set.
- Fold in pumpkin, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie sauce.
- In a trifle dish, place half the broken graham crackers to form the base layer for the trifle.
- Carefully spread half the pumpkin mixture over the first graham cracker layer.
- Carefully spread half the whipped topping over the pumpkin layer, trying to avoid mixing the layers.
- Repeat layers with the second half of the ingredients.
- Top trifle with desired garnishes - dollops of whipped cream, candied pecans, and a drizzle of pumpkin pie sauce.
All the garnishes on top are optional. You can omit the nuts (or switch out for walnuts) or omit any of the flourishes. Similarly, you could add some caramel drizzle or even a dusting of cinnamon.
Yum! Hope you enjoy this pumpkin pie trifle – if you try it, please let us know what you think! And be sure to pin it for later!
Like it? Pin it!