These cheesy, homestyle Italian stuffed peppers make for a delicious meal that is sure to be a family hit! There’s something about home-cooked Italian food that is just SO good and so comforting! I love making tasty homestyle dishes. But as busy mom, I don’t always have hours to spend in the kitchen! So, I am thrilled to partner with sponsor RAGÚ, using their tasty new RAGÚ Homestyle Pasta Sauces! I used the RAGÚ Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce in this recipe and it tastes GREAT! This is RAGÚ’s thickest sauce and boldest flavor, which was perfect in the stuffed peppers. The sauce clings well to the filling without being runny. The other thing I LOVE is that there are NO artificial flavors, artificial colors or high fructose corn syrup! They use the same quality ingredients that you’d use in your own homemade sauce. A big win! And it tastes SO good in these Italian stuffed peppers! Super YUM! I love tasty dishes like this! This is one recipe you can definitely feel good about making for the family! Not only are there no artificial ingredients in the pasta sauce, but then you have a recipe that is full of veggies AND is gluten free! It can be made pretty quickly too, so it’s definitely perfect for weeknight family meals! It’s especially perfect if you have any leftover rice to use up! Here’s the recipe:
- 1 lb. package mild Italian sausage
- ½ C chopped sweet onion
- 1-2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1-2 cups cooked rice
- 1 jar RAGÚ Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce
- 2 C shredded mozzarella, divided
- ½ C shredded Parmesan, divided
- 4-6 large bell peppers (color of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a pot, cook rice according to package directions (or this recipe is PERFECT for using up leftover rice)!
- In a pan on the stove, brown the onions and sausage. Add in shredded zucchini.
- Stir in cooked rice to the mixture. Then add in 1 C mozzarella and about ¼ C Parmesan.
- Pour the jar of sauce over the mixture and stir.Let simmer while you prep the peppers.
- Wash, de-stem and de-seed, and cut the peppers in half lengthwise.
- Arrange pepper halves in a casserole dish.
- Fill peppers with Italian mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes (until peppers have softened some and cheese is bubbly/golden.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Yum! The house smells SO good as you make this and the results are fantastic! This one is a hit and I love that it has ingredients I can feel good about! After a busy day (especially now that we’re in the crazy back-to-school season), it’s so great to sit down around the table with your family and enjoy a nice home-cooked meal! Love recipes like this? For additional delicious and easy RAGÚ recipe ideas, be sure to check out the RAGÚ website. Or, you can follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and/or Instagram.