I can’t wait to share all of the details from the boys’ Disney FROZEN birthday party this past weekend! But, I still have soooo many photos to go through and family in town. So first I’m sharing this super fun FROZEN-inspired dessert: Elsa’s Icy Blue Dessert Trifle. It’s easy to make and one that kids are sure to love, perfect for serving up at a FROZEN birthday party or for a family FROZEN movie night! Don’t the colors remind you so much of Elsa? I love it! You just need a few fun ingredients and a bit of time to make it. Yes, this one has a lot of sugar, but in small quantities it’s a fun treat! Here’s the recipe:
Disney FROZEN Fun Food: Elsa's Icy Blue Dessert Trifle
- 2 small boxes 3 oz or 1 large box of blue gelatin
- 1 bag of blueberry marshmallows cut into quarters
- whipped cream I used ReddiWip
- Blue & white nonpareil candy balls found in the baking section
- Make gelatin according to package directions and let set in the fridge for approximately 90 minutes.
- Once gelatin is set, you can begin layering your mini trifles ...
- Layer #1 – Blue marshmallows quarters with blue and white candy balls sprinkled on top and around the edges.
- Layer #2 – Two scoops of blue gelatin (I used a large tablespoon)
- Layer #3 – Whipped cream
- Layer #4 – Two more scoops of gelatin
- Then, top with whipped cream and candies sprinkled on top.
- Repeat with other trifles and serve cold.
These are served up in individual mini trifle dishes (<—Amazon affiliate link) and makes enough for 8. If you prefer, you could easily make it in one large trifle dish like my Irish Flag Jello Dessert Trifle. Either way, it’s perfect for some Disney Frozen-inspired fun! And really, no matter how you cut it, Jello parfait desserts can be super tasty (like this raspberry jell-o parfait.) YUM!!
Would YOUR kids like Elsa’s Icy Blue Dessert Trifle?
If you’re interested in more FROZEN fun, be sure to check out the links below!