Brownie S’mores Trifle Dessert

So, we’ve been on kind of a s’mores kick lately! Everyone thought the s’mores bark was pretty tasty, but then, I decided to concoct a trifle dessert with the s’mores flavors. Brownie s’mores trifle… and um, holy cow, it was so seriously super delicious! We took it to a friends house over the weekend and the vote was unanimous. All the adults and all the children had seconds! This dessert is dangerously good! Brownie S'mores TrifleIn addition to being super delicious, it was really easy to make which is always a bonus! It’s a great dessert for all kinds of occasions and great to have s’mores flavors even when no campfire is available!

• 1 box brownie mix (or your favorite from scratch recipe)
  • 1 large box or 2 small of instant chocolate pudding (approx. 4 cups)
  • 1 sleeve of graham crackers, broken (about 9 crackers)
  • 1 tub of whipped topping
  • 1 small jar of Marshmallow Creme
  • 1 C mini marshmallows
  • optional: 1 Hershey’s Bar

1. Start by baking a 9×13 pan of brownies according to the package directions. Once done, allow to cool and cut up into chunks. No need to be exact with any of it! :) While that bakes & cools, you can mix up the pudding and chop up your graham crackers.

2. In a trifle dish add a layer of brownie pieces (for me, this was a little less than half the pan). Then, top the brownie pieces with about half of the pudding. Brownies trifle3. On top of the chocolate pudding, add a layer of broken graham crackers. I just broke them up in a baggie. I wanted small pieces, but not just crumbs. Make sure the chocolate pudding is covered well with the graham cracker.

4. Take half of the whipped topping from the tub and mix it in a bowl with half of the marshmallow creme. It will probably lumpy and that’s totally ok. Spread that mixture over the graham cracker layer.  Marshmallow creme in s'mores trifle5. Repeat all the layers again. You’ll end with the whipped topping mixture…

Layering brownie s'mores trifle…but I decided that the top should look a little extra fancy! And, truly, the top made the dish! Seriously, SO good! The key is “roasting” the marshmallows! No campfire necessary though! ;) You just need to broil them….for only a few seconds! Just put about a cup (I just grabbed two handfuls) of mini-marshmallows onto a baking sheet and put them in the oven under the broiler. You canNOT walk away…in fact, don’t even look away. I didn’t even close the oven door. I stood there watching for about 10-15 seconds. The moment they start looking a little golden, take them out. Otherwise you might have a charred, gooey mess! Broiled marshmallowsLet those cool, then sprinkle them over the top of the whipped layer. For added garnish, add some crushed graham crackers and some chopped up Hershey bar! Doesn’t the top look fancy?! Roasted Marshmallow S'mores TrifleThen, just pop it in the fridge for a few hours to let all the flavors meld together a bit! Enjoy! It is sooooo yum! Brownie S'mores Trifle Dessert

Have you made anything like this? What did you think?

*For more delicious s’more recipes, be sure to check out this post —> 35+ Amazing S’more Recipes!

Linked to: *SNAP Creativity, *Do Something Crafty, *Tatertots & Jello, *Create & Inspire, *Sundae Scoop

Pin It

1. says

Your trifle looks and sounds delicious!!! The s’mores flavors sound perfect in this! What a great idea for a summer dessert! YUM!!!

2. Tanya says

Thanks for the recipe! I made it today for a little summer gathering and it looks fantastic! Can’t wait to taste it later :D

3. Kaills says

This sounds amazing! I am on the social committee at work & was thinking of making this for our next staff meeting. Does anyone know how many it serves? We have 17 staff but I’m thinking I may need to make two?

• Sara @MomEndeavors says

It is amazing, promise! :) As far as servings, I think it really depends on how much people take. I made it for a dinner with friends. We had 8 servings to start, then some went back for seconds! ;) And, there was a little leftover the next day. So, 17 might be doable with one.

4. Laura Bauman says

This looks awesome! Quick question, I am guessing the 2 pudding boxes are made using the pudding directions right?

5. bjbby1 says

I made this at work for a potluck, it was a Big hit. Not only was it beautiful, but it taste amazing. It was very easy to make. The easiest part, roasting the mini marshmallow turned out to be the hardest. Lol. We had none left when the potluck was over. Make this you will be loved by all!!

• Sara @MomEndeavors says

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment and let everyone know! I’m so glad it was such a big hit at your office potluck! Fun!!! :)

• Sara @MomEndeavors says

Oh no, Erin! I have no idea! That’s never happened to me! :/ Old marshmallows? Broiled too long? Honestly, I’m not sure! Bummer!!

• Sara @MomEndeavors says

Hi Rebecca!
      Just the regular size! Of course, I don’t have one in the house right now to check out exactly what size that is. Sorry!

6. Alison says

This recipe was great, made it with chocolate cake instead of brownies and it was delicious. Toasting the marshmallows was not so easy though. The first batch, which I did with the broiler on low, stuck to the pan. I tried another batch with the broiler on high and it was worse. The amount of time it took for them to get even a little brown was just too long and they puffed up too much and melted to the pan. For the final batch I broke up some graham crackers into pieces that were slightly bigger than a marshmallow and then put one marshmallow on each piece and it worked perfectly!

7. says

I love this recipe. However, both times I’ve made it, the toasted marshmallows are a horrible sticky mess. How in the WORLD do you get them out of a pan and on top of the trifle still looking nice? Please help! I love this recipe, but the toasting marshmallows is my nemesis…

• Sara @MomEndeavors says

Hi Anne,
      I’m not sure at all. I put them on the pan just like you see in the post. I literally take them out of the oven the second they started browning (and it really only took like 10 seconds for that to happen). With the exception of 1 or 2, they just rolled right off the pan. It could be the oven temperature, the brand of marshmallows…who knows.
      But, yes, the idea posted in the comments of doing it on some graham crackers is a good one! Hope it works!

• Tara B says

HI Anne-
      After reading your post, I sprayed a little Pam on the cookie sheet, then wiped it off. I made sure the oven was at 500degrees. Then, I made sure the marshmellows were not touching each other on the sheet. I put the sheet on the top rack and I think it may have been fewer than 10 seconds and they were lightly browned. I took them out and let them set a bit to cool off. That seemed to work. Hope this helps!

8. Tanya says

This recipe is GREAT! I made it for a Thanksgiving dessert one year (to give people a break from all the pumpkin), and everyone loved it so much that I was asked to bring it every year :)