So, we’ve been on kind of a s’mores kick lately! Everyone thought the s’mores bark was pretty tasty, but then, I decided to concoct a trifle dessert with the s’mores flavors. Brownie s’mores trifle… and um, holy cow, it was so seriously super delicious! We took it to a friends house over the weekend and the vote was unanimous. All the adults and all the children had seconds! This dessert is dangerously good! In addition to being super delicious, it was really easy to make which is always a bonus! It’s a great dessert for all kinds of occasions and great to have s’mores flavors even when no campfire is available!
- 1 box brownie mix (or your favorite from scratch recipe)
- 1 large box or 2 small of instant chocolate pudding (approx. 4 cups)
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers, broken (about 9 crackers)
- 1 tub of whipped topping
- 1 small jar of Marshmallow Creme
- 1 C mini marshmallows
- optional: 1 Hershey’s Bar
1. Start by baking a 9×13 pan of brownies according to the package directions. Once done, allow to cool and cut up into chunks. No need to be exact with any of it! While that bakes & cools, you can mix up the pudding and chop up your graham crackers.
2. In a trifle dish add a layer of brownie pieces (for me, this was a little less than half the pan). Then, top the brownie pieces with about half of the pudding. 3. On top of the chocolate pudding, add a layer of broken graham crackers. I just broke them up in a baggie. I wanted small pieces, but not just crumbs. Make sure the chocolate pudding is covered well with the graham cracker.
4. Take half of the whipped topping from the tub and mix it in a bowl with half of the marshmallow creme. It will probably lumpy and that’s totally ok. Spread that mixture over the graham cracker layer. 5. Repeat all the layers again. You’ll end with the whipped topping mixture…
…but I decided that the top should look a little extra fancy! And, truly, the top made the dish! Seriously, SO good! The key is “roasting” the marshmallows! No campfire necessary though! You just need to broil them….for only a few seconds! Just put about a cup (I just grabbed two handfuls) of mini-marshmallows onto a baking sheet and put them in the oven under the broiler. You canNOT walk away…in fact, don’t even look away. I didn’t even close the oven door. I stood there watching for about 10-15 seconds. The moment they start looking a little golden, take them out. Otherwise you might have a charred, gooey mess! Let those cool, then sprinkle them over the top of the whipped layer. For added garnish, add some crushed graham crackers and some chopped up Hershey bar! Doesn’t the top look fancy?! Then, just pop it in the fridge for a few hours to let all the flavors meld together a bit! Enjoy! It is sooooo yum!
Have you made anything like this? What did you think?
*For more delicious s’more recipes, be sure to check out this post —> 35+ Amazing S’more Recipes!Pin It