Oh you guys, I’m so excited to share this recipe with you! This Hershey’s S’mores ice box cake may be one of the tastiest desserts ever and it couldn’t be easier to make! It’s a decadent no-bake treat, absolutely full of your favorite s’mores flavors! Graham crackers, marshmallows, and Hershey’s Milk Chocolate all put together in one delicious cold treat! As part of the sponsored #HersheysSummer campaign, we got sent a box of s’mores goodies to get creative with and this tasty dessert is what I came up with! If you’ve never tried an ice box cake, you MUST! SO easy! And, even if you’ve made one before, you have to try this one! This s’mores ice box cake is such a fun twist on the summer classic treat and perfect for celebrating National S’mores Day on August 10th! All you need is a few ingredients, about 10 minutes to prep, and the patience to let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving! This dessert is a great one to serve for guests because it looks so fancy and involved, but it’s so easy! I HIGHLY recommend making your own fresh whipped cream for this recipe. But, if you don’t feel up to it, you can certainly go with whipped topping. The other thing that really makes the flavors in this are the toasted marshmallows. To keep it truly no-bake, a kitchen torch is ideal. Otherwise, you can pop the mini-marshmallows in the oven on broil for just seconds. Either way, it’s really worth the effort! The recipe below makes enough for a 9×13 cake pan (which does serve a crowd). For a smaller size, cut down the quantities and make in a bread loaf pan or 8×8 square pan.
- 1 box Graham crackers
- 3 C heavy cream
- 1.5 C marshmallow creme (approx 1.5 small jars)
- 1-2 C Hershey's Hot Fudge Sauce (approx 1 - 2 small jars)
- 3-4 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- In a mixing bowl, start making the whipped cream. Start by beating the cream on low speed and slowly add in small amounts of marshmallow creme. Raise the speed to medium-high and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Start the cake by spreading a thin layer of the marshmallow whipped cream on the bottom of the pan. Not too thick -just enough to give the graham crackers something to set in.
- Completely line the whipped cream layer with graham crackers (I used about 1 whole sleeve per layer). Break as needed to fill in any large empty spaces.
- In the microwave (according to package directions), just slightly melt the hot fudge sauce so it will spread easily. While that melts, chop 2-3 chocolate bars into small pieces.
- Spread a thin layer of hot fudge over the graham crackers and sprinkle with some of the chopped chocolate.
- Top the chocolate layers with a couple handfuls of marshmallows (it does not need to be exact - more if you want it sweeter, less if you'd like it not as marshmallowy). Use your kitchen torch to brown them or place them in the oven to broil first if you'd like.
- Top the marshmallows with a good layer of whipped cream.
- Repeat the steps to layer.
- For the top, garnish with more toasted marshmallows, some broken graham cracker pieces and some Hershey's Milk Chocolate chunks.
- To really make it look extra special, use a piping bag (or plastic baggie with the corner tip cut) and fill with a couple spoonfuls of hot fudge. Pipe the chocolate on to make the pretty drizzles.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours (or overnight) or freeze for a more ice cream cake like dessert!
YUMmmmmmm! It’s so tasty! I made it recently for a little summer BBQ with friends and it was a HUGE hit! Super tasty & easy to make! This would be one that the kids could easily help prepare too! ENJOY! For more fun s’mores recipes to get you ready for National S’mores day and other creative ideas, be sure to check out CelebrateWithHersheys.com! #HersheysSummer
What is YOUR favorite way to eat s’mores?
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by The Hershey Company via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of The Hershey Company or Momtrends.Pin It