A delicious twist on a traditional favorite that s’mores lovers will love, s’mores dessert trifle in a jar is a tasty treat any time of the year!
Love s’mores?! We do! And if you’re like us, you will LOVE s’more dessert trifle!
S’mores Dessert Trifle
S’mores Dessert Trifle is such a tasty twist on the traditional summer s’mores? One big favorite around here is our brownie s’mores trifle dessert. It’s SOooooo good! A crowd favorite every time we make it. t’s a great dessert for all kinds of occasions and a tasty way to have s’mores flavors even when no campfire is available! So, we decided to do a twist on that trifle with individual s’mores dessert trifles in a jars! Not only are these little s’more jars delicious, they look so pretty (and save your fingers from the gooey, sticky mess of traditional s’mores).
How to Make S’mores Trifle Jars
There are so many great s’mores flavors in these little jars – including silky dark chocolate (we opted for Dove Dark Chocolate, but Hershey’s of course would work well too), graham crackers, and marshmallows of course! I LOVE dark chocolate and much prefer the rich flavor of it in s’mores. But if you’re a milk chocolate person, feel free to use your favorite milk chocolate instead. The toasted marshmallows really makes the flavor of these little s’mores jars! You have to be really careful as you do this (so you don’t get a gooey mess). To toast the marshmallows, you’ll want to broil them – but only for a few seconds!
Put the mini-marshmallows onto a baking sheet (having them be a little stale or cold can help too) and put them in the oven under the broiler. You canNOT walk away…in fact, don’t even look away. I didn’t even close the oven door. I stood there watching for about 10 seconds. The moment they start looking slightly golden, take them out. Otherwise you might have a charred, gooey mess! Another tip: Let them cool before trying to move them. If you don’t, you’ll end up with that gooey mess you’re trying to avoid. Even chilled, they will retain that toasted marshmallow flavor you’re after. So now worries there.
That is the only part of making these little dessert jars that is even slightly time-consuming. There really just is not too much prep for this recipe at all. So, these little trifle jars come together in just a few minutes and they’d look so adorable at a backyard BBQ!
S’mores Dessert Trifle Jars Recipe:
- 3.9 oz box of instant chocolate pudding
- 4-6 whole Graham Crackers
- ¼ - ½ C chopped dark chocolate
- ½ tub whipped topping
- ½ small jar of Marshmallow Creme
- ½ C mini marshmallows
- 6 small Mason Jars
- Start by prepping the ingredients - mix up the instant chocolate pudding according to package directions, finely chop up the Dove Dark Chocolate, and break up the graham crackers into pieces (as small or large as you'd like).
- Then, in a small bowl, combine the whipped topping & the marshmallow creme. It will probably be a little lumpy and that’s totally ok.
- Once those things are prepped, start filling your jars by putting a ½ -1 inch layer of the broken graham crackers.
- On top of the graham crackers, add about 1 Tablespoon of the chocolate pudding & sprinkle with a bit of the dark chocolate pieces.
- Then, add about 1 Tablespoon of the whipped marshmallow topping mixture. Repeat the layers, finally topping the jar with *toasted marshmallows and another sprinkle of the finely chopped chocolate.
Yum! Don’t they look SO good?! Some s’mores dessert trifle in a jar is always a good idea! And for even “s’more” delicious recipes, be sure to check out this post —> 35+ Amazing S’more Recipes!
Like it? Pin it!