This strawberry candy cane mousse makes a pretty, light dessert – perfect for your holiday parties!
Now, I know the idea of a strawberry peppermint combo might sound odd. But it actually works! There’s not overwhelming peppermint flavor in this, so it just helps give this dish a holiday flare. Plus, the red & white colors are just so perfect during the holiday season! It’s my favorite!
Doesn’t it look perfect as part of a holiday spread like that?! So fun! Plus, these little dessert cups are SO easy to make – you can whip them up quickly for parties or even for surprise guests! Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Heavy Whip Cream
- ½ Superfine or Granulated Sugar + 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 3 Candy Canes broken into pieces
- 4 tablespoons of cold water
- Candy Cane Sprinkles
- 10-12 fresh Strawberries, sliced
- Cut fresh strawberries into slices and place them into a bowl. Add four tablespoons of cold water and sprinkle the strawberries with two tablespoons of chilled water. Place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, add 1 cup of chilled heavy whipping cream. Add sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon in 2 cups of Cool Whip and whisk until fully incorporated.
- To build the dessert cups, start with a layer of the mousse mixture (you could add in a little crushed peppermint or strawberry simple syrup first if you wanted too). Add a layer of strawberries (with a little sugary syrup if desired) and a final layer of the mouse.
- Even the top off using the edge of a butter knife. Scatter on the candy cane sprinkles (or crushed candy cane).
- Add a few slices of strawberries and a piece of broken candy cane for garnish.
- Serve & enjoy!
Perfect doe something a little fun & different! Now, how about some other great peppermint treats? With my fellow #CreativeFoodies, we’ve got 10 perfectly pepperminty recipes that family and friends are sure to love during the holiday season! Some of these would be great edible gift ideas as well!
Dark Chocolate Candy Cane No-Bake Cheesecakes from Mom Endeavors
Peppermint Cheesecake Jars from See Vanessa Craft
Candy Cane Almond Bark from A Night Owl Blog
Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Spaceships & Lasberbeams
Peppermint Macarons from Ashlee Marie
Peppermint Oreo Truffles from Two Twenty One
Peppermint Brownie Truffles from Happiness is Homemade
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Fudge from Printable Crush
Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sugar Cookies from The Idea Room
Yum! They all sound so good! Which one of these peppermint treats would you like best?
Be sure to follow the #CreativeFoodies tag for great themed recipes each month! And for even more tasty minty recipes, be sure to check out this list of 25 delicious peppermint treats!Pin It