We’re savoring every last bit of football season around here! As HUGE college football fans, we enjoyed the bowl games over the past few weeks and are looking forward to the championship game soon! So, I was thrilled to partner with Dr Pepper & #CollectiveBias on the #PassThePepper campaign, sharing some tasty Dr Pepper football party ideas like these slow cooker pulled pork sliders. Soooooo good! This recipe is SO easy – just a few simple ingredients that you throw in the crock pot, leaving you more time to prep for your watch party (or more time to watch the game)! We love doing homegating with family & friends whenever we can, so I have some fun football gear that I like to put out like our DIY football drink tub, DIY football utensils canister, DIY football field table cover, and of course fun football plates & cups! I did my shopping at Fry’s (a Kroger grocery store) and obviously picked up some Dr Pepper (click the link for a coupon). They had the college football Dr Pepper TEN cans, so I of course had to pick up a pack of those –perfect in our football drink bucket for some homegating! I prefer to use the original Dr Pepper in the pulled pork recipe, so I grabbed a two-liter of that. Now, back to that tasty Dr Pepper pulled pork and those sliders! Don’t they look SO good?! Here’s the simple recipe:
- 3-4 lbs. pork (pork butt or pork shoulder country-style ribs)
- 12 oz Dr Pepper
- 1 C BBQ sauce
- a dash of garlic powder, pepper, & salt
- Place pork in the slow cooker. Add other ingredients over top of the meat.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker & shred//"pull" pork (be careful to remove any bones if you're cut of meat is not boneless).
- Place pulled pork on small rolls or slider buns and serve warm.
Will YOU be watching the College Football Championship Game? Who are you cheering for?
For more football ideas, be sure to check out our whole football category and/or this post with over 100 football party ideas (recipes & decor):