These fun football jersey krispie treats are perfect for football parties and tailgating desserts! College football is a “thing” around around house. We’re big fans! And now that Big Brother (10) is starting to get WAY more into watching games (of various sports), it’s extra fun having family game watching parties! Not only are we HUGE Nebraska Cornhusker fans, but for we are also Arizona Cardinals fans. So, watching games on football Saturdays and Sundays is a great excuse to make some fun eats & treats like these football jersey krispie treats! Both of our favorite college & pro teams just so happen to red & white, so that’s what we went with for these fun jersey treats! But you can easily swap out the colors for whatever your favorite team is! These treats are really easy to make and I happen to think they are SO cute – perfect for your football parties and tailgating. You’ll just need a few supplies – like the right cookie cutters (be sure to check out the affiliate links below that you can buy)- and you’re sure to have some cute treats! Here’s the easy recipe:
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10oz bag miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- Vanilla frosting
- *Red frosting (*or other team color of your choice)
- *Red fondant (*or other team color of your choice)
- Piping bags (or plastic baggies with the ends snipped)
- Jersey/Shirt cookie cutter
- Miniature number cookie cutters
- Grease a 9 x 13" pan with butter or a non stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine your marshmallows and butter and heat for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows get puffy.
- Stir your marshmallows and butter until mixed together.
- Add your Rice Krispies cereal to the mixing bowl and stir until the cereal is evenly coated with marshmallows.
- Scoop into your greased pan, press down firmly (I like to use a greased potato masher) and let set for an hour to cool.
- Press your jersey cookie cutter firmly onto the Rice Krispies to cut out your jersey shapes and place onto a sheet of parchment paper.
- Fill one decorating bag with vanilla frosting and one with red frosting and cut a small tip off the end of each bag.
- Outline your jerseys with vanilla frosting, fill in with the same frosting, and use a butter knife to spread the frosting out evenly.
- Roll out your red fondant in between two piece of parchment paper, use your number cookie cutters to cut out jersey numbers, and stick them to the front center of the jerseys.
- Now use your red frosting to draw details on the jerseys (stripes on sleeves, v neck and a stripe on the bottom).
- Once the details are on, serve & enjoy! Go team!
* Use any colors of frosting & fondant to create your team colors.
Fun, right?! So, whip up a batch of these fun football treats and cheer on your team! Bonus points to you if you’re a fellow Husker fan or Cardinals fan! Say hi in the comments! 🙂
Like it? Pin it!Pin It