Mmmm! Strawberries and chocolate just go so well together! They’re a usual favorite flavor combination for Valentine’s Day! So, these muffins are a fun idea for a sweet breakfast treat. Wouldn’t they be a lovely breakfast-in-bed idea for Valentine’s Day? Or, they’d make a cute Valentine’s breakfast idea or even a sweet after school snack for the kids. No matter how or when you serve them, they’re sure to be tasty!
Don’t they look tasty? I LOVE homemade fresh fruit muffins (and so do my kids)! So, these are sure to be a hit! If you’d like them for Valentine’s Day, you can always bake them up in some fun heart-shaped bakeware!
Here’s the easy recipe:
Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 5 TBSP milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 small bananas mashed
- 1/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C fresh strawberries chopped + a few extra to put on top of each muffin prior to baking.
- 1/2 C mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a 12 ct. muffin tin with cupcake liners OR spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the mashed banana with all the ingredients, except the mini chocolate chips and fresh strawberries, mixing well.
- Gently add in the mini chocolate chips and fresh strawberries.
- Fill each muffin well/cupcake liner about 3/4 of the way and place a few mini chocolate chips and fresh strawberries on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 5 minutes on 425 degrees. After 5 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake another 12-15 minutes.