Mr. Mom Endeavors loves pumpkin! Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bars, pumpkin anything! So, on a recent slightly cooler Fall morning, I decided that some pumpkin pancakes were in order! While I love light & fluffy pancakes, I usually try to make them a little healthier using a mix of ground oatmeal and whole wheat flour. The pancakes are more dense this way, but they still taste great for a heartier breakfast! I like to make a big batch and then use the rest as a “made ahead” breakfast for the week (they freeze well too)! To make the pancakes, I altered my go-to whole wheat oatmeal pancakes recipe a bit! Adding pumpkin & various Fall spices were the obvious additions! And, we were thrilled with the results! Top the pancakes with some toasted pecans and maple syrup…and you have one seriously tasty Fall breakfast!
- 1.5 C whole wheat flour
- 1.5 C rolled oats, ground
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg & ginger powder
- ½ C brown sugar
- ¼ C white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 C milk
- 1.5 C pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dump all dry ingredients (except sugar) in a large bowl and combine.
- In a medium bowl, wisk together all wet ingredients. Add sugar to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until mixture is incorporated.
- Spray a griddle or large pan (heated to medium high heat) with cooking spray & cook pancakes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup & toasted pecans if desired.
*If the batter is just too thick, you can add a little more milk.
Yum!! The smell of “Fall” while they were cooking was heavenly! Now, how about 11 more perfect pumpkin recipes for to last you the rest of the Fall! It’s the 12 of the month, so that means it’s time for another #12bloggers post! 12 themes, 12 bloggers’ recipes with 12 ingredients or less, posted on the 12th of the month! We’ve already shared some great themes like quick & healthy meals, fresh fruit desserts, cookout favorites, food in jars, after school snacks, and tasty tailgating recipes! Now we’re bringing you a little pumpkin palooza! Enjoy!!
- Pumpkin Pie S’mores from Betsylife
- Mini Pumpkin Apple Chimichangas from Home Cooking Memories
- Pasta with Sausage and Creamy Sage Pumpkin Sauce from A Little Claireification
- Pumpkin Pie Yogurt from The Rebel Chick
- Pumpkin Patch Buttercream Frosting from Million Moments
- Pumpkin Nut Bread from A Night Owl Blog
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding Cups from Bless This Mess Please
- Pumpkin Sage Biscuits from Stephie Cooks
- Iced Pumpkin Spiced Latte from See Vanessa Craft
- Pumpkin Hummus from Around My Family Table
- Pumpkin Chili From Plugged in Family
What’s pumpkin recipe do you want to try first?!
Stay tuned for the 12th of November when we’ll all be back with another fun themed recipe day with some great holiday dishes!