You can’t go wrong with these soft, chewy almond joy cookies full of chocolate, coconut, and almond flavors! YUM!
I’m assuming you’re familiar with the Almond Joy candy bar! If not, it’s a delicious bar with a sweet coconut base, topped with almonds, and then covered in chocolate. Yum! It’s one of my favorites! But, candy bars aren’t really something you serve for dessert…or take to a cookie exchange…or bake at the holidays! So, these cookies give you all the yummy Almond Joy flavors in a homemade dessert form!! The great thing about these is that they are super easy to make! If you need a tasty dessert in a hurry, these cookies are it as you actually use cake mix for the base! Cheating a little perhaps. But, that’s ok! Sometimes easy (and tasty) wins!! Here’s the recipe:
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix, any brand
- 1 egg
- ½ C. oil
- 1 C. flaked (or shredded) coconut
- 1 C. almond silvers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, egg , and oil, mixing well.
- Stir in the flaked coconut and almonds until well-combined.
- Roll the cookie dough into 2" balls and place 2-3" a part on the baking sheet.
- Use the bottom of a glass to gently press the cookie down to about ½"
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
Yum! So whip up a batch of these and sit down with a glass of cold milk! Who knows, maybe Santa would even like some Almond Joy cookies on Christmas Eve! Mmmmm!!! 🙂
Do YOU like Almond Joy flavors?Pin It