These honey lime habañero slow cooker wings are perfect for your football party or tailgate, especially for all your guests that like their game day eats with a kick! Wings are such a quintessential party food, especially perfect for your football parties! Wings can be a bit an undertaking though, so I like making wings in the slow cooker – it’s just so easy! While not as crispy as breaded & fried wings, the meat then falls right off the bone! The trick is to broil the wings for a few minutes before serving. That helps crisp up and caramelize the sauce!
Yum! And this sauce certainly packs a bit of a punch with the habañero hot sauce. A little goes a LONG way! In fact, if you’d like them not too spicy, you might want to even go down to just 1 Tablespoon on the hot sauce. Here’s the easy recipe:
Honey Lime Habanero Hot Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 C butter melted
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 C honey
- 2 Tbsp El Yucateco Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- juice from 1 lime
- Place wings in the slow cooker crock.
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until well-combined.
- Pour contents over wings, but reserve about 1/4 - 1/3 cup for basting later.
- Cook on high for approximately 3 hours, or on low 6-8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and place wings on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with some of the remaining sauce and broil for approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, flip wings, and brush wings with any remaining sauce mixture.
- Return to oven and broil for an additional 3-5 minutes, until sauce starts to caramelize.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Easy, right?! If you like spicy food, these are super yummy! Just be sure to serve the wings up with some tasty ranch dip alongside some celery and carrot sticks! Some chips and easy queso dip, chili cheese dip, and/or cheesy bean dip served up with these would definitely be a hit for your party! And if spicy just really isn’t your thing, then try our apricot bbq wings – SO good!
Like it? Pin it!