This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidaysWithThomas
Serve up some holiday mealtime fun with these adorable snowman English muffin pizzas! Kids will LOVE these fun & festive personal pizzas!Making cute, themed food is one of my very favorite things to do for special occasions or just to add a little magic to the day! And who couldn’t use a little extra holiday magic this year?! So, make mealtime snow much fun by serving up everyone their own personal snowman pizza! They’re not only cute and delicious, but the snowman pizzas are SO easy to make with Thomas’® Original Nooks & Crannies® English Muffins!
English Muffin Pizzas
Now, before we focus on the cute snowman pizzas specifically, let’s just talk English muffins pizzas. Have you ever had them? If not, you are SO missing out. They were an absolute favorite of mine as a kid…and I’ve passed that love along to my own kids. English muffin pizzas are SO easy to make! Just pick up some Thomas’® Original Nooks & Crannies® English Muffins and your favorite pizza toppings!
English muffins are perfect for pizzas since they’re versatile, toppable, and just the right texture – crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside with that perfect Nooks & Crannies texture! The key to making good English muffin pizzas is to toast the muffins a bit before topping – giving it that extra bit of crunchy outside! We did that to make our snowman pizzas!
Making Personal Snowman Pizzas
So, you’ll start making your snowman pizzas by hand or fork splitting your Thomas’® English Muffins and placing them on a cookie sheet (tip – line sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup). Place in a 350 degree oven for 2-5 minutes – just enough that the muffins start getting slightly toasted! While those lightly toast, you can make sure you have all your other ingredients ready. The other awesome thing with making these is that they don’t use many ingredients – so it’s an easy thing to make anytime! To make the snowman pizzas, you’ll need Thomas’® English Muffins, your choice of pizza sauce (you could even use a white sauce to really help the snowman look), shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperonis, black olives, and bell peppers. You can use any color you’d like for the peppers, but I went with red & green to have things be more festive for the holidays!
Once the muffins have pre-baked for a few minutes, get ready to for toppings! You’ll start by adding about 1 Tablespoon of sauce to each muffin. If you’d like pepperoni pizzas, add those on top of the sauce (because you want those hidden to not detract from the “snow”). Top generously with shredded mozzarella (you want the them to look mostly white for full effect).
Now, to really get the best look for your snowman pizzas, I recommend placing them in the oven at this stage (before adding any of the fun toppings) to start the cheese melting. You can top everything and just do the baking all at one time. But, you might end up with some wonky-looking snowmen as the cheese melts. So, I recommend baking in shifts. Start the melting process first (again, for just a few minutes). Then, remove from the oven to add any additional cheese (to cover up open spots) and the decorative toppings to make your snowmen really “come to life”.
Next, cut long triangle shapes out of pepperonis for the snowman nose; cut strips of bell pepper for the scarf; and cut black olives for the eyes, mouth, and “buttons”. I cut the ends off of the black olives to use for eyes. Then, I just cut small pieces to make the mouth and buttons.
Once the snowman creations are to your likely, you’ll return to the oven for just a couple more minutes – allowing any additional cheese to melt and the rest of the toppings to get warm. The end result is a deliciously adorable creation!
More Snowman Fun Foods
Need some more fun snowman food ideas to serve up with your snowman pizzas? Try these:
Snowman English Muffin Pizza Recipe
Snowman English Muffin Pizzas
- 1 pkg Thomas’® Original Nooks & Crannies® English Muffins
- 6 TBSP Pizza sauce of your choice (approx 1 TBSP per muffin half)
- 1 pkg Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 pkg Pepperoni
- 1 can Black olives
- 1-2 Bell peppers, color(s) of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Hand or fork split Thomas’® English Muffins and placing the halves on a cookie sheet. Bake for 2-5 minutes, just until the edges begin to lightly toast.
- Spread approximately 1 TBSP pizza sauce on top of each lightly toasted muffin. If desired, place pepperonis on top of the sauce.
- Top each muffin with shredded mozzarella (enough to cover the sauce completely).
- Return to the oven just until the cheese begins to melt.
- Once the cheese has melted a bit, top the pizzas with the decorative toppings to create the snowmen. Use cut black olives for eyes, mouth, and buttons. Cut long triangles from pepperonis for the noses.
- Place two muffin halves next to each (like a snowman) and place the sliced bell pepper where they connect, just like the scarf on a snowman.
- Return to the oven to finish melting the cheese and to warm the rest of the toppings.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy immediately!
LOVE these!! So, next time you’re ordering groceries, be sure to pick up the ingredients to these little edible snowmen! We ordered everything we needed from Walmart (and I love that I can shop from my couch at home)- easy peasy!
Want even more tasty ways to enjoy the holidays? Thomas’ is on a mission to help you break free from blah at breakfast, lunch, dinner and everywhere in-between. So, you can check out the #HolidaysWithThomas recipe collection here!
Like it? Pin it!