Confession – I’ve never actually made traditional homemade jam. You know, like with the whole hot water canning process and such. But, I have done freezer jam. And, even easier is a fruit compote or what I like to call “jam sauce”. It’s not quite a viscous as a jam or jelly (no pectin), but it’s not really runny like a syrup. I love making it with all kinds of different fruit. In fact, I’ve shared a few here on the blog before! Our peach jam sauce it SOOoooo good! And the strawberry sauce is SO good too (a favorite for waffles/pancakes)!! But, as you can see from today’s post…you can’t go wrong with plums either. YUM! Plum jam is SOoooo good! But, making it this way is definitely easier! Just 3 ingredients! Doesn’t get much simpler than that!
- 2 lbs plums (approx 6-8 large ones)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Wash, quarter, and pit plums.
- In a medium bowl, combine cut plums, sugar, and lemon juice. Toss to mix. Let sit for about 1 hour.
- Pour bowl contents in an non-reactive pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer for 2 hours, making sure to stir it every 15 minutes (to avoid burning and allowing it to cook evenly).
- Remove from heat and let cool, then transfer contents into clean mason jars.
Mmmm! Doesn’t it look good?! Perfect as we head into the spring and summer! These “jam sauces”/compote go great on toast, waffles, pancakes…or even ice-cream. It’s also delicious mixed in with greek yogurt!!
What’s your favorite homemade jam?Pin It