Hi friends! If you’re in search of an easy sweet 4th of July treat that also doubles as some cute table decor, these patriotic marshmallow pops are perfect! Wouldn’t these look great as centerpieces or fun party decor? The kids will of course love them because they are cute & sugary! We don’t do treats like this very often, but every once in a while I think is ok! There’s something about marshmallows that are SO exciting to the kids! So, add some colored chocolate candy melts with fun patriotic sprinkles and you definitely have a hit! They’d even be great to make with the kids – an edible patriotic craft of sorts. What I love about treats like this is that they are SO easy to make! You only need a few supplies and just a bit of time. The kids can even help. Here’s the “recipe”:
- 12 large marshmallows
- 12 oz. Wilton red chocolate candy melts
- Patriotic red, white, & blue sprinkles
- 12 candy sticks (located with the Wilton items at major retailers)
- 2-3 glasses/mason jars/vases to stand the marshmallows up in after they are dipped
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the Wilton chocolates in 30 second increments according to package directions. Do not over heat! Let cool just slightly before dipping the marshmallows.
- While the chocolate is cooling place a stick into the bottom of each marshmallow.
- Dip each marshmallow into the melted red chocolate. If needed, you can use a small spoon to help cover the marshmallow. Let the excess chocolate drip back into the dish, gently tap the stick if needed to get off any drips.
- Once the marshmallow is completely coated, stand the stick up in a glass.
- Every 6 marshmallows you dip, shake some of the patriotic sprinkles on to the coated marshmallows before the chocolate sets.
- Repeat this process with the rest of your marshmallows.
- Once all the marshmallows are dipped and sprinkled, place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to completely set. Or, if you need them quickly, place in the freezer!
Easy & fun!
For more patriotic ideas, be sure to check out these posts: