“Well, in Whoville they say– that the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day.” Have some delicious movie night fun with these Grinch Heart Krispie Treats! Who else loves the Grinch? It’s Baby Brother’s absolute favorite at Christmas! So, we were thrilled to get sent a copy of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment’s Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch (releasing on Blu-ray/DVD on February 5, 2019) for review! To celebrate, I made these gooey, green Grinch hearts – a seriously delicious movie night treat!
Making Grinch Heart Krispie Treats:
Making these little treats are super easy! You’ll start by making a normal batch of krispie treats with 1/4 C butter, 4 C mini marshmallows, and 6 C puffed rice cereal. Before stirring in the rice cereal, add about 8-10 drops of green food coloring in to the mixture. The green food coloring gives the treats a light green color. Spread them into a pan to cool. Immediately top with green sanding sugar. Once cool, use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut the hearts out (I was able to get 10). To make the treats that much more fun, I decided to add a red candy heart to each treat! For this, you can buy some jelly hearts (especially easy to find around Valentine’s Day). Just cut the hearts in half and stick them right onto each treat! SO easy (and they really stay stuck)! The kids absolutely loved these! They also LOVED the movie and the fun Grinch movie pack we were sent! I mean, how cute is this hat?! 😉
Read on to enter to WIN your own!
Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch Movie
The new home entertainment edition contains more than 60 minutes of bonus content, including three mini-movies: “Dog Days of Winter” starring theGrinch and his heroically loyal dog Max; and “Yellow is the New Black” and “Santa’s Little Helpers,” both starring the lovable Minions. It also includes stunning featurettes, a how-to-draw tutorial and much more. Narrated by Grammy Award®winner and Oscar® nominee Pharrell Williams, Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch stars Academy Award® nominee Benedict Cumberbatch (Dr. Strange, “Sherlock”) as the infamous Grinch, who lives a solitary life inside a cave on Mt. Crumpit with only his loyal dog, Max, for company. The incredible voice cast includes Rashida Jones (“Parks and Recreation,” The Muppets) as Donna Who, Kenan Thompson (“Saturday Night Live”) as Bricklebaum, Cameron Seely (The Greatest Showman) as Cindy-Lou Who, and featuring legendary actress Angela Lansbury (Anastasia, Beauty and the Beast) as the mayor of Whoville. Funny, heartwarming and visually stunning, Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch is a perfect night in for the whole family!
MINI-MOVIES ON 4K ULTRA HD, 3D BLU-RAYTM, BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
- Yellow is the New Black – Before they all make their big escape from prison in Despicable Me 3, a couple of lucky Minions get a taste of freedom as they break free with the help of one of their fellow human inmates.
- Dog Days of Winter – Max braves the harsh winter weather and an uncooperative Who to bring a sick Grinch his favorite hot tea.
- Santa’s Little Helpers – Fan favorites – the Minions – are back for another adventure! Having been accidentally dropped off at the North Pole, our Minion pals make the most of the situation by trying to become elves.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, 3D BLU-RAYTM, BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
- The Making of the Mini-Movies – Mini in size but not in heart, these short films are fan favorites. From the Grinch and Max to the Minions – you’ll explore the themes of each of the mini-movies through the eyes of the filmmakers who made them.
- From Green to Screen – It takes a lot to bring grumpy green to your home screen. This inside look at the making of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch features interviews and behind-the-scenes moments with the cast, filmmakers and artists whose hearts have all grown three sizes bringing this classic tale to life.
- Illuminating THE GRINCH – Using filmmaker and cast interviews, concept art and progression reels, we take a behind-the-scenes look at how the characters evolved from initial sketches to fully realized characters.
- My Earliest GRINCH Memories – The cast and filmmakers of Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch reveal their earliest memories of the grumpy green character and the enduring appeal of this Christmas curmudgeon’s journey to redemption.
- Grinchy Gadgets – From his body-size blow dryer to his moving mechanical chair, from his catapult to his dog drone-rig and more… you’ll get to explore the wondrous world of Grinch’s gadgets.
- “I Am The Grinch” Lyric Video – A stylized look at Tyler, The Creator’s original song created just for the film.
- Songs From His Little Heart – Take a deep dive into the toe tapping beats of Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch. From score to specialty songs, you’ll hear from the film’s A-list musicians on what it took to create the music behind the movie.
- X-mas Around the World – Every culture practices Christmas in a slightly different way. We’ll highlight some of the more fun permutations of the holiday around the globe.
- Cindy-Lou’s Yule Log – Nothing says the holidays quite like an animated fireplace blasting fake heat from your living room television. Just in time for winter, we’ll recreate Cindy-Lou’s living room on Christmas Eve for all to enjoy.
- Production Babies – A celebration of the babies born to the filmmakers during the production of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch.
- Any Who Can Draw – Hosted by an Illumination artist and head of story Mark O’Hare, you’ll see step-by-step how to draw some of your favorite characters from this beloved holiday classic; Grinch, Max and Fred!
Grinch Movie Giveaway Pack
Now, how about a fun movie night prize pack?! One lucky Mom Endeavors reader will receive:
- Blu-ray Combo Pack of Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch
- Fleece Grinch Beanie
- Grinch Candy Conversation Hearts
The whole pack is adorable – I really love those sarcastic, Grinch conversation hearts! Too funny!! So, go enter to win on the widget below (giveaway is open through February 10, 2019)! Good luck!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Happy Grinch watching!
Like it? Pin it!