Holiday baking season is upon us and there are SO many delicious options!! But, if you’re looking for something no bake, super easy, and tasty, you can’t go wrong with OREO Cookie Balls (aka Oreo truffles)!! Have you ever had them? If not, you MUST try them! SO good and so easy to make! Then, you can have some added fun decorating or turning them into fun creations like this OREO cookie balls Christmas tree!
How cute would this be on your Christmas dessert table…or for your upcoming Christmas parties?! So fun and festive…and no baking required! This is one the kids can help with too! Just 3 simple ingredients, plus a few fun embellishments.
Here’s the OFFICIAL OREO COOKIE BALL RECIPE:
Oreo Cookie Balls Christmas Tree
- 1 pkg 8 oz. brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. 4 oz. each semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
To make the tree, coat the balls in the green coating. Once hardened, arrange like a tree. Drizzle additional melted green candy coating (this makes it looks a little more tree-like and helps cover up any blemishes). Then, decorate with other candy. I used pull-apart licorice and red, green, & white Sixlets. For one last touch, use a cut candy bar for the tree trunk.
Easy, right?! And, what’s great about a simple recipe like this is that it is SO customizable! If you don’t want a Christmas tree, you can turn your OREO Cookie Balls into any delicious creation you can come up with! The end results are always delicious; the perfect no-bake treat!
What are your favorite Christmas treats?