Since tomorrow is December 1st (where did November go?!), we will really kick off all the Christmas festivities by starting to use the muffin tin calendar I made.
So, on some of the dates we already know we have Christmas activities planned (like our snow day this Saturday, lights on the 12th, etc) those will be on the paper. Other days, we will have things like, “hang ornaments on the tree”, “decorate Christmas cookies”, “hot chocolate & a Christmas movie”, etc. Really the possibilities are endless with the whole thing–the beauty of DIY. You can make the whole thing be whatever you want–and you can design the look too! 🙂
To make your own, here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 24 cup mini muffin tin (I found mine at Walmart for less than $4)
– 24 magnets (any kind will do, just make sure they are rather small)
– Christmas-y paper (however many different designs you want)
– embellishments (if you so choose)
– glue/adhesive for embellishments (and magnets depending on what type you get)
– numbers (hand write them, use stickers, or cut them out with a Cricut/Silhouette)
– wire/ribbon or plate stand
– Cut paper into squares (or circles) to cover the muffin cups–mine were approx. 2 1/4 inches. (I also used my corner rounder on the squares)
– Place magnets in an upper corner of the square (you may want to arrange your papers first to decide which side you what your magnet on). I found small adhesive circle magnets for really cheap at Joann’s.
– Embellish each square as you like–stickers, cutouts, ribbon, buttons, you name it! Then, also, place your numbers on each square.
– Display, use, & enjoy! (Note–some muffin tins have holes in the metal from which you can lace ribbon. Mine had a little rim where the metal was folded over on the back through which I laced wire and then tied ribbon over it. Others you might not be able to do any of that and would just have to stand in on a plate stand or something).
Do you use an Advent Calendar? If so, what is it like? Feel free to share/link up in the comments! Happy December!