Yum! Who doesn’t love a good ice cream treat?! Ice cream cakes are one of my favorites, but you can’t go wrong with an ice cream pie either! Thanks to a sponsored partnership with Dreyer’s, I’m sharing the details on this super delicious and easy-to-make mint chocolate cookie crunch ice cream pie! A slice right now would hit the spot!
Look at all that minty, chocolatey, cookie goodness! SOOooooo good! And, the best part about the recipe is that you only need a few ingredients! The star of recipe is the recipe is Dreyer’s mint cookie chunk ice cream. We love Dreyer’s Slow Churned options and this flavor is one of our favorites. It paired perfectly with some chocolate & extra cookie crunch! The pie comes together quite quickly, in just a few simple steps. Plus, it’s no-bake, making it an awesome summer option! If you don’t feel up to making your own chocolate “sauce”, a store-bought jar of hot fudge could easily be substituted and still taste great! Whether you make this for a special occasion or just a tasty summer treat, it should be a hit! Here’s the recipe:
Mint Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Pie
- Oreo cookie pie crust
- Oreo cookies
- Dreyer's Slow Churned Mint Cookie Crunch Ice Cream
- Whipped cream
- Hot Fudge or Homemade Chocolate Sauce see notes
- Prepare the hot fudge sauce (see notes) or warm your store-bought hot fudge.
- Inside the cookie pie shell, pour a thin layer of the chocolate sauce or hot fudge.
- Put the shell inside the freezer for about 5 minutes to help set. While that sets, scoop out about 1/2 - 3/4 of the ice cream and place in a bowl to soften (you can microwave a bit if needed to speed up the process).
- Use a spatula to spread the softened ice cream over the thin chocolate sauce layer.
- Crumble up approx. 4-5 Oreo cookies over the ice cream and drizzle with more chocolate sauce.
- Return to the freezer until ice cream is set.
- To serve, add an edge of whipped cream, along with some whipped cream & a cookie in the center!
1/2 C powdered sugar
2/3 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1.5 C evaporated milk
1/2 C butter
1 tsp vanilla For the sauce, boil the sugar, chocolate chips, evaporated milk, and butter in a small sauce pan for 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool & stir in 1 tsp vanilla.
Doesn’t it look so yummy?! It was a BIG crowd pleaser here! And, if you’re looking more great recipes to create with your family be sure to check out the Dreyer’s inspiration page and/or their new Pinterest page! You’re sure to find a whole bunch of tasty ideas & family fun inspiration, giving your family a good #reasontosmile!
What is YOUR favorite ice cream creation?
Disclosure: This blog post is part of a paid The Motherhood and Dreyer’s blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.
This recipe looks amazing….but in the recipe for the homemade chocolate sauce, it says to boil the sugar. But sugar is NOT listed as one of the ingredients for the chocolate sauce. Would you please let me know how much sugar to use?? Thank you!
Great catch, Val! So sorry about that omission error. Fixing now!
Yummy, Mint Chocolate chip ice cream is my DH’s favorite. (Mine too) so this is a MUST try recipe.Thanks