These marshmallow flowers are easy to do and make the perfect spring cupcake topper!
Whether you need a cute treat for Easter, Mother’s Day, a bridal shower, baby shower, garden party, birthday party or just any sort of spring celebration, these simple floral cupcakes are perfect! Not only are they ADORABLE, but they are ridiculously easy to make! You can use any cupcake recipe you’d like, then just stick on your little DIY foral cupcake toppers! For each flower, you’ll need 4 (or really 3.5) mini-marshmallows and whatever color(s) of sanding sugar that you’d like. To make petals, cut 3 mini-marshmallows on a diagonal to give you that petal shape (6 petals total). Dip the open/cut sides on some sanding sugar spread on a plate. The sugar crystal adhere to the sticky marshmallow-inside. Then, snip the end off the 4th marshmallow and dip cut side in the sanding sugar to give you the center portion of the flower. Arrange the marshmallow “petals” on the cupcake to form a flower shape and stick the circle part in the middle. Use a little frosting to stick on if needed! That’s it! See – SO simple!!! And they turn out SO pretty! I love these! But that’s just one of many different awesome edible flower ideas out there. If you want a fresh fruit idea, be sure to check out our edible floral arrangement (with all fruit)! Then, we’ve got 10 more awesome ideas below thanks to my fellow #CreativeFoodies bloggers! We’re bringing you a whole variety of beautiful & fun floral-themed food ideas that are perfect for your spring festivities! Be sure to pin this, then have a look at all the other ideas below!
- Cupcake Flower Pot Bouquet from See Vanessa Craft
- Easy Flower Patch Fudge from A Night Owl Blog
- Flower Pot Cupcakes from Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
- Gumpaste Peony from Ashlee Marie
- Jelly Bean Flower Cookies from Mommy Hates Cooking
- Candy Flower Sugar Cookies from Two Twenty One
- Flower Oreos from Happiness is Homemade
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Flowers from Play Party Plan
- No Bake Berry Cheesecakes from Strawberry Mommycakes
- Fruit Flowers from The Idea Room
This #CreativeFoodies group will be bringing you themed recipes each month, so stay tuned for more delicious fun!
Which fun floral idea do you like best?