It may be too early to start decorating just yet, but it’s safe to say that the holiday season is quickly approaching. As soon as we head into November, all the holiday prep seems to really begin – between Thanksgiving, cleaning for guests, holiday cooking & baking, shopping for gifts, and decorating, there is lots to be done! I tend to be a procrastinator by nature (not my best trait), but I definitely know that the holiday season is so much less stressful when you plan ahead. Lowe’s must know that too as just last week they hosted a Holiday Showcase, sharing all kinds of ideas to help us Deck the Halls! The event (hosted by the Kitchen Cousins) featured all kinds of great ideas from the Lowe’s and some fabulous home decor/design bloggers. There were all kinds of fun holiday room makeovers, projects, and products shared. From watching and talking with friends during our viewing party, here are some major tips that we took away to make you sure you’ve got a holiday ready home:
- Use pops of bright colors – whether that be a bright red door, the color of holly berries in a white bathroom, colorful throw pillows, etc., pops of colors create interest in the space.
- Combine natural elements with modern decor – consider using pinecones, twigs, branches, birch, and burlap or drop cloth for neutral fabrics. In fact, Lowe’s has some great little tabletop lighted trees with bases wrapped in burlap.
- Lights, lights, lights – having a nicely lit home at the holidays really make things more inviting, especially as guests walk up the entryway!
- Stick with a simple color palette – Using just a few complimentary colors (like 3) can really make a big statement.
- Use some metallics – classic silver & gold are perfect during the holidays and can even pair well with neutrals.
- You don’t need reinvent the wheel – Buy something at the store and add your own DIY/style to it.
- Start planning & working on projects early – You certainly don’t need to start decorating right now. But, it might not be too soon to start planning. And, if you’ll be working on some DIY decor projects, it’s always best to start early!
Lowe’s actually makes it really easy to not have to recreate the wheel. To prep for the viewing party, I actually shopped the holiday section that they’d just put out and found lots of decor that was right in-line with the design tips I heard at the party. I found some great products that combined natural elements with pops of color and modern decor. So, I went with just some simple pieces to create a sort of natural, rustic look with just a pop of color and sparkle. Just about everything in these pictures are part of this year’s Lowe’s holiday product line: I LOVE the lighted branches, reindeer, and Santa I found at Lowe’s. The holly berries and cardinals match perfectly with the berry Christmas wreath I made last year! To go with this natural decor, we did a fun craft during the party that I’ll be sharing in the next few weeks. But, in the meantime, Lowe’s has a bunch of great projects to help ensure that you’ve got a holiday ready home…
- Terra Cotta Serving Tray
- Twine Star Decoration
- Shining Dowel Star
- Frosted Glass Mirror
- Vinyl Luminaries
- Nuts & Bolts Christmas Tree
- DIY holiday wreath ideas
What are YOUR favorite tips for prepping for the holidays?
Disclosure: As a member of the Lowe’s Creative Ideas Creators & Influencers Network, this is part of a sponsored campaign with Lowe’s. I received a Lowe’s gift card to complete my projects. However, all ideas, opinions, & experiences are entirely my own.