We’re so excited to help you get ready for some football fun by sharing this tasty football party popcorn bar ideas as part of a shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OrvilleGameTime #CollectiveBias You know we love any excuse for a good football party around here! And between a whole bunch of College Bowl Games yet to played, as well as pro playoff games, there is a lot of good football to be played! So we put together a fun & easy “touchdown popcorn bar” to score a win with guests!
Touchdown Popcorn Bar
Doesn’t it look fun & tasty? It’s perfect for a tasty munchie spread for your football party guests! The key is starting with a whole bunch of great popcorn! We went with Orville Redenbacher’s® Ultimate Butter – YUM!!!!!! I love that with Orville Redenbacher’s there are no artificial preservatives, flavors, or dyes. Plus, they’re the only leading brand that uses real butter, so the flavor is REALLY good! So, the popcorn is the star of the table! We used 5 bags to fill our 2 large football bowls on the table! To make it a true popcorn bar, you need some tasty popcorn mix-ins! I recommend having a mix of salty/savory and sweet for your mix-in options! I opted to divide the table up just that way – with the sweet toppings on one side and the salty on the other. We can really use anything you’d like that would pair with popcorn for your popcorn bar, but here were our choices:
- Cheese Crackers
- Roasted Peanuts
- Chocolate Candies
- Chocolate Cookie Pieces
- Chocolate Covered Almonds (I LOVE chocolate covered almonds at football parties because they resemble footballs)
I opted for small brown paper bags for guests to put the popcorn and toppings in. For some added football fun, you can add white football laces to the bag (using washi tape or paint pen). It’s a super simple DIY project that adds just a little fun detail to the whole spread.
And for something extra sweet and fun, I made chocolate marshmallow football popcorn balls! These were a BIG hit with the kids!
Football Popcorn Balls
Fun right?! They aren’t difficult to make at all and the end result is delicious! You’ll start just like making any sort of cereal treats – with butter and marshmallows! Since I wanted these brown like footballs, I also added cocoa powder to the mix. Super yum! While that melts, pop a bag of Orville Redenbacher’s Ultimate Butter popcorn. Then, you’ll combine the popped popcorn with the melty mixture. Once the mixture is cool enough to handle, shape small handfuls into a rough football shape! Once those were done and set, I piped on football laces using some melted candy coating. The result is these sweet & salty little edible footballs!
Chocolate Marshmallow Popcorn Balls Recipe:
- 1 bag Orville Redenbacher's® Ultimate Butter Microwave Popcorn, popped
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 TBSP Cocoa powder
- White/vanilla candy melts/candy coating
- Place your large pot on the stove over medium low heat. Add the butter, melt. Once melted, add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Add in the cocoa powder and stir until well combined.
- Remove pot from the heat and stir in the popcorn until well-coated (be sure to remove any unpopped kernels).
- Transfer the mixture to a wax-paper or silicone mat lined baking sheet. Allow mixture to cool just enough that you can safely handle it (so still warm, but not hot).
- Coat your hands in butter or cooking spray to shape small handfuls into football shapes. Continue making small football shapes (and recoating hands as needed) until all the mixture has been used.
- Once you've used all the mixture, melt a small amount of white candy bark to pipe laces on to the footballs. You could also use frosting for this.
- Place in the refrigerator to set the white candy coating and that's it!
- Serve & enjoy!
Yum! The whole thing was easy to put together! And I love the way this spread looks – prefect for some football fun! So, head over to your local Walmart to get all your popcorn bar supplies! The Orville Redenbacher’s was such a great price that it makes for an inexpensive, but delicious way to serve up some football fun! So, be sure to pick some of that up along with your other supplies! And, be sure to find more inspiration for your game day party here.
What’s your favorite football food?
Like it? Pin it!Pin It