There’s really just endless fun when it comes to homemade popsicles. Kids can help make them and love to eat them! True to that, the boys & I love experimenting with various flavors, styles, colors, etc. Normally, I love my Zoku Quick Pop Maker (<–*affiliate link) for making popsicles, but sometimes you just have to go with an old, classic method! These are SO easy to make and the result is so fun with the multicolored layers! The beauty of these is that you can use any flavor & color combination you like. If you wanted more “all-natural”, you certainly could do layers of fresh fruit juices or homemade smoothie flavors. Or, for super inexpensive & easy you can do Kool-aid. These have a definite citrus vibe going on with the orange & lemonade. Really, your options are almost limitless! Here’s the “recipe”:
Multicolored Striped Popsicles
- Small Paper Dixie Cups & Wooden Craft Sticks one per popsicle
- Lemonade use homemade or whatever you have on hand
- Orange Flavored Powerade/Gatorade
- Green Berry Rush Hawaiian Punch
- Pour a layer of Green Hawaiian Punch into the bottom 1/3 of a Dixie cup(s).
- Put cup(s) in the freezer for about 30 minutes, until the layer has started to freeze, but isn't quite solid. Remove from freezer and insert wooden stick(s).
- Return to freezer and freeze until layer is solid.
- Add a layer of Orange Powerade in the middle 1/3 of the cup. Return to freezer until solid.
- Finally, add a layer of lemonade to the remaining 1/3 of the cup. Return to freezer and freeze until solid.
These are great to keep kids busy throughout the day, helping to fight summer boredom by making something fun & helping in the kitchen! Then, they get to enjoy a cool & refreshing treat at the end! Definitely perfect for summer!
What’s your favorite type of popsicle?
For more great kid-friendly popsicle options, be sure to check out the posts below…