This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #gatherwithRotel #CollectiveBias
This easy cranberry salsa is a festive dish – the perfect dip for a Christmas dinner appetizer or any of your holiday parties! The holiday season is in full swing, which means it’s time to prep for holiday parties and family meals! Whether you’re hosting a full spread or just need a simple dish to share, you can’t go wrong with a good dip recipe! And this easy cranberry salsa is a wonderfully festive dip – perfect for adding some zest to your holiday parties!
Cranberry Holiday Dish
Cranberry is such a great flavor during the holiday season – from Thanksgiving through New Year’s, you can’t go wrong with good cranberry recipes! While we love our cranberry cream cheese dip (and our delicious cranberry orange holiday punch), sometimes you just need chips and salsa for a party! But why not give this classic party pairing a little holiday flavor remix?! That’s exactly what we did with this cranberry salsa, combing RO*TEL (known for delivering bold, adventurous flavors) and whole cranberry sauce to create a fabulously festive dip. The end result is a salsa that combines just the right amount of kick, tang, and sweetness.
How To Make Cranberry Salsa
The two main ingredients for this easy cranberry salsa are RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies and whole cranberry sauce. You’ll also add some green onions, cilantro, and lime juice to really complete the flavor medley! Now, if you prefer fresh cranberries, you could certainly try that instead of the sauce. But, for both ease and consistency in texture, I opted for whole cranberry sauce. And it is so easy to make! In a medium-sized mixing bowl, you’ll just combine two cans of RO*TEL with two cans of whole berry cranberry sauce (you could substitute with 3 cups of homemade cranberry sauce as well). Then, you’ll squeeze in the juice from one large lime and toss in some chopped cilantro and chopped green onions. That’s it! The end result is a deliciously festive salsa and the perfect holiday appetizer! To be even more festive during the holiday season, I decided to serve this tasty salsa up with red & green chips. They pair so well with the green and reds already in the salsa! And it just makes the whole spread a little more fun for the holidays! Plain chips would still taste just as good though!
Easy Cranberry Salsa Recipe
Easy Cranberry Salsa
- 2 cans 10 oz RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 2 cans 14 oz whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 C fresh cilantro chopped
- 3-4 green onions sliced
- juice from 1 large lime approx 2 TBSP
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine RO*TEL and whole berry cranberry sauce. Be sure to stir well to break up the sauce and evenly distribute throughout. Stir in lime juice.
- Add chopped cilantro and green onions, stir to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
* You can substitute homemade cranberry sauce for the canned whole berry if you prefer. Approximately equal substitution would be about 3 cups of homemade instead of the two cans.
* If you are making this dish for a small gathering, you could cut the recipe in half.
Yum! You can snag everything you need for this tasty dip at Walmart! I love inexpensive the whole recipe is, as well as how easy it is to make with just a few simple ingredients! And if you’re looking for even more great zesty holiday recipes, be sure to check out the RO*TEL Holiday Recipe hub for delicious inspiration!
Like it? Pin it!