Finger foods and football go together SO well! And, since we are HUGE football fans, especially of the college variety we just made a new finger food recipe!! Last night, our beloved Huskers had a BIG game against an undefeated Michigan State. We’ve got a new coach and it’s been the worst season in almost 60 years! EEK! But, that wasn’t stopping us from excitedly watching the game. Heading over to a friends’ house, we decided to bring a delicious pull apart pizza bread for some perfect game day food. It was so cheesy & delicious! And there’s no coincidence that it’s largely red & white-perfect Huskers football food (like our football mini pizzas, Nebraska veggie tray and more)! It was perfect while watching the game…and WHAT a game it was!! We WON the game in the last few seconds – a HUGE upset and much-needed victory for us!!! So, I’m extra fond of this little delicious loaf now! 😉 I’ve seen ALL kinds of recipes for pull apart breads (or “bloomin’ breads) all over the internet, but had yet to try making one myself! I have NO idea why I waited so long! This was SUPER easy to make (the hardest part is just cutting the bread) and SOOOooooo good! You just need a few ingredients too! Grab your favorite round loaf of french or sourdough bread (we picked sourdough), cut lengthwise & widthwise (without cutting through the bottom), add your favorite pizza ingredients – and you’ve got a completely delicious creation! Serve up with a side of marinara for tasty dipping! Here’s the recipe:
- 1 unsliced round bread loaf (french or sourdough)
- 2-3 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10-20 thin pepperoni slices
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pizza seasoning
- ¼ Cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- marinara sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread loaf lengthwise and widthwise (without cutting all the way through the bottom of the loaf), creating approximately 1-inch wide sections of bread.
- Place bread on a foil-lined baking sheet, stuffing the shredded mozzarella and pepperoni between the bread slices.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic powder, and pizza seasoning. Using a pastry brush, apply a light coat of the mixture all over the bread (save for about ¼ of the butter mixture).
- Lightly spray foil with non-stick spray and wrap bread completely in foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and unwrap the bread. Add the remaining butter and sprinkle all over with Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven (bread unwrapped) and bake 10 more minutes (until cheese is melted and bread starts to look golden).
It was perfect for football…but if you’re not a football fan, that’s ok! This tasty bread would be good for any occasion! But, if you ARE a football fan like we are, this is definitely one to make for your next game!!!
And now that you’ve seen our game day recipe, we’ve got a few more to recipes share thanks to fellow football fans, BonBon Rose Girls and Mom Trends! They’re sharing some tasty game day eats as well! Pumpkin Brownies from BonBon Rose Girls sound like a perfect game day dessert and you cannot ever go wrong with Onion Dip while football watching! So pin this one for later and then be sure to head over to check out the others!Pin It