Finger foods and football go together SO well! And, since we are HUGE football fans, especially of the college variety we just made a new finger food recipe!! Last night, our beloved Huskers had a BIG game against an undefeated Michigan State. We’ve got a new coach and it’s been the worst season in almost 60 years! EEK! But, that wasn’t stopping us from excitedly watching the game. Heading over to a friends’ house, we decided to bring a delicious pull apart pizza bread for some perfect game day food. It was so cheesy & delicious! And there’s no coincidence that it’s largely red & white-perfect Huskers football food (like our football mini pizzas, Nebraska veggie tray and more)! It was perfect while watching the game…and WHAT a game it was!! We WON the game in the last few seconds – a HUGE upset and much-needed victory for us!!! So, I’m extra fond of this little delicious loaf now! 😉 I’ve seen ALL kinds of recipes for pull apart breads (or “bloomin’ breads) all over the internet, but had yet to try making one myself! I have NO idea why I waited so long! This was SUPER easy to make (the hardest part is just cutting the bread) and SOOOooooo good! You just need a few ingredients too! Grab your favorite round loaf of french or sourdough bread (we picked sourdough), cut lengthwise & widthwise (without cutting through the bottom), add your favorite pizza ingredients – and you’ve got a completely delicious creation! Serve up with a side of marinara for tasty dipping! Here’s the recipe:
Cheesy Pull Apart Pizza Bread
- 1 unsliced round bread loaf french or sourdough
- 2-3 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10-20 thin pepperoni slices
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread loaf lengthwise and widthwise (without cutting all the way through the bottom of the loaf), creating approximately 1-inch wide sections of bread.
- Place bread on a foil-lined baking sheet, stuffing the shredded mozzarella and pepperoni between the bread slices.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic powder, and pizza seasoning. Using a pastry brush, apply a light coat of the mixture all over the bread (save for about 1/4 of the butter mixture).
- Lightly spray foil with non-stick spray and wrap bread completely in foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and unwrap the bread. Add the remaining butter and sprinkle all over with Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven (bread unwrapped) and bake 10 more minutes (until cheese is melted and bread starts to look golden).
It was perfect for football…but if you’re not a football fan, that’s ok! This tasty bread would be good for any occasion! But, if you ARE a football fan like we are, this is definitely one to make for your next game!!!
And now that you’ve seen our game day recipe, we’ve got a few more to recipes share thanks to fellow football fans, BonBon Rose Girls and Mom Trends! They’re sharing some tasty game day eats as well! Pumpkin Brownies from BonBon Rose Girls sound like a perfect game day dessert and you cannot ever go wrong with Onion Dip while football watching! So pin this one for later and then be sure to head over to check out the others!
Looks absolutely mouth-watering!!!
Hi Sara! i found your site in whimsy wednesday and I am so glad I clicked your link. This looks yummyyyy!! Pinning! 🙂
yes i am drooling. yes I NEED this in my life. Yes, off to make it NOW.
I love football finger foods too – makes the whole experience even more fun! And I’m like you – have yet to make cheesy pull-apart bread, even though I know we’re going to love it. I think you’ve convinced me. Maybe this weekend!!
SCORE! Thank you for sharting at the Thursday Favoprite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature tomorrow xo
Yum! This looks so delicious! I think I would like this recipe a lot better than the recipes I’ve seen using biscuit dough. Going to give this one a try next time I need a finger food if not sooner. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Pinning and sharing !
This looks so delicious! We are a huge pizza lovin’ family, so I can’t wait to make this! Thank you for sharing the recipe at the #SmallVictoriesSundayLinkup!
What a great recipe and thanks so much for sharing it with us at Full Plate Thursday! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and come back to see us real soon.
Hi Sara! This is fabulous. I hope you bring it over to Food on Friday: Pizza. Cheers from Carole’s Chatter
This looks amazing! Perfect for parties! Pinning for later 🙂 #SmallVictories
This looks so good! I’m featuring your recipe tonight on “Best of the Weekend”.
Just made this tonight. Delicious!!! Thanks for sharing!