Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens THIS week (December 18th)!! We’ve had our Force Awakens countdown for months and the time is finally here! Ever since seeing the 1st teaser trailer many months ago and especially now after meeting the real BB-8 in person at the #StarWarsEvent press junket, we are officially completely obsessed with this adorable little droid! So, I decided to make some easy no-bake BB-8 cookies to celebrate all the movie opening fun this week! How fun would these be to make as a movie treat? Maybe something fun while you wait in line? Or a fun way to surprise the kids that you’re going to the movie? They’d also be great for a fun Star Wars Force Awakens party!!! And, other than just needing a bit of time to pipe on all the details, these really are SO easy!
BB-8 Cookies Supplies:
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- White candy bark/almond bark/candy melts
- Orange candy melts
- Small candy eyes
- Black sparkle gel frosting
- Optional – silver sprinkles/silver edible dust
- Melt the white candy bark according to package microwave directions. Dip half of the Nutter Butter cookie into the melted bark. Use a spoon to help spread the top part to make it look more rounded. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and place in refrigerator to harden.
- While the cookies cool, spoon the melted white coating into a piping bag or baggie with a very small corner snipped off.
- Remove cookies from fridge. Pipe on the shape of BB-8’s head (including antennae) and fill in with the white melted coating. Before the candy coating sets, place one small candy eyeball on the head. Set cookies aside (or back in fridge)
- Melt the orange candy melts according to package microwave instructions. Spoon the melted orange candy into another piping bag (or baggie). Pipe on the orange circles and details on BB-8.
- At this point, if you want to add in silver, you could. But, I opted to just keep it simple and forgo that.
- What REALLY makes it look like BB-8 is the black eye. So, you’ll take your black sparkle gel frosting and cover the the candy eye. The gel frosting is pretty thick, so I need to use a toothpick to help spread it around. Then, add a tiny second black dot to really complete the BB-8 look!
Are YOU excited for the new Star Wars movie? Do you have your tickets yet?!