We’re SO excited to be heading to Walt Disney World soon for the 2015 Disney Social Media Moms conference! Instead of surprising the boys about the trip, we ended up telling them a few weeks ago. So, we decided that a Disney trip countdown was in order! Since we love Disney trips, I opted to make something that wasn’t trip specific so that it can be used again and again. This washi tape chalkboard one was SO easy to make and the boys just love it! Materials:
- framed chalkboard (this one is 5×7, purchased at JoAnn)
- Disney-inspired washi tape (there are LOTS of options out there – here are two on Amazon: Disney washi 4 pack, Disney washi 3 pack with polka dots)
- Vinyl & an electronic cutting machine (like Silhouette or Cricut Explore) -OR- silver paints pens & a template
- Glue or adhesive (*optional)
Start by covering the chalkboard frame in the washi tape of your choice. I’m a big fan of red, white, and black (and polka dots), so that’s what we went with! If you find your washi tape not sticking well, you can always put a little glue (or adhesive strips) down first.
Once you have your washi chalkboard, then you need to decide what to do for the countdown on the front. Really, you could just write on it or even use stickers. I had some silver vinyl that I new would look great. So, I used my Cricut Explore to cut out the open Mickey ears template and the “days ’til Disney” words. If you don’t have a machine though, you could just make a paper template to trace on to the chalkboard with a paint pen!
And that’s it! Then just hang it or set it up wherever you’d like it and change the number each day before your trip! Looking for even more fun Disney craft ideas before your trip?! I’ve teamed up with some of my fellow crafty Disney Social Media Moms Conference attendees to bring you some additional fun DIY Disney Crafts. So many great ideas!!
- DIY BB-8 Star Wars Shirt
- Little Mermaid Ears
- DIY Disney Autograph & Activity Book
- Minnie Drawstring Backpack
- Custom Toy Story Outfits
- DIY Disney Jewelry with Free Printable
- Disney FROZEN Sticker Story Starters
- Disney Princess Duct Tape Hand Mirror
- Easy Bleached Mickey T-Shirts
So much fun! As big Star Wars fans, I LOVE the BB-8 shirt idea! And, those Little Mermaid ears are SO pretty!
What Disney DIY do you like?
For even more Disney crafts, be sure to check out these posts: