Whew! We are home from our amazing trip to Disney World for the Disney Social Media Moms Conference! As I had mentioned before, it was our first time to any of the Disney Parks with a baby and our first cross-country flight with kids! I’m pleased to say that aside from a few standard meltdowns here and there, it all went very well! See…just look at this happy face! 😉 Part of the success came from trying our best to be well-prepared. We ending up packing more than we needed, but where little ones are concerned we’d rather be safe than sorry. And, Mr. Mom Endeavors carried a Disney backpack each day that functioned as our diaper bag and general park bag. For this “family on the move”, we had a number of diaper bag essentials that we had with us each day for Baby Brother. Here’s a glimpse:
- aden + anais bamboo blanket. I mentioned this one in my last #HuggiesTester post and it was perfect for the trip. It was light-weight enough to use in the muggy Florida weather and big enough that it could be used as a stroller cover for a sleeping Baby Brother!
- Coppertone Water Babies sunscreen. As a Coppertone Water Mom, I had received many sample bottles of the Water Babies sunscreen. I’ve shared many with friends and strangers, but we’ve kept a few for the diaper bag. They’re small enough to throw in a bag/purse and with an 50+ spf, it really helps protect baby’s skin from the sun!
- Hand Sanitizer. While out in the parks, washing hands is not always an option, so some hand sanitizer was a must for trying to keep the germ sharing to a minimum.
- Formula packets. Because of my IGT & breastfeeding difficulties, that’s not an option for us. So, we had to make sure we had formula with us. Even though they are more expensive, the formula packets are SO convenient while on-the-go…especially somewhere like Disney World. We just needed 4 formula packets with us each day! Super easy!
- GoGo SqueeZ Fruit Pouches. These were SO easy to throw in the bag to feed Baby Brother (or for a snack for the bigger boys too!). We kept them in our fridge at the hotel & would put them in the diaper bag cold. So, they were a refreshing snack option for the boys while we were in the parks.
- Light-weight & washable bib! Baby Brother is at that really messy eating stage if we let him eat anything on his own. So, a bib was a must. But, we wanted something light-weight (so it wouldn’t take up much room) and something that could be easily wiped or rinsed! We like the bumkins bibs for this as it meets those requirements and has a “catch-all” pouch on it!
- Toys! There certainly is a lot of visual stimulation at Disney World to keep baby occupied, but we always made sure we had a couple of small favorite toys at our disposable. Sophie the Giraffe and some classic keys were our toys of choice!
- Sippy Cup. It was HOT & humid in Florida! Even Baby Brother got really sweaty. So, it was important to make sure that everyone stayed hydrated! The Nuby cup is the one that he can drink from the best, so that’s what came with us.
- Puffs. While the container was a little large for carrying with us, they were a must! Puffs are SUCH an easy (and not too messy) snack for Baby Brother. It kept him occupied many a time while sitting in the stroller!
- Huggies Snug & Dry diapers (& wipes)! Diapers and wipes were definitely a must! Huggies are a reliable brand for us as we rarely experience leaks with them. And, on a trip like this, a snug & dry fit is a must (And, even though we didn’t do diaper changes nearly as frequently as we would normally, Baby Brother had NO leaks). Plus, hello, Mickey & friends are on the front!!! You can’t go wrong with Disney fun on your diapers while traveling in Disney World! 😉
Thankfully, with that mix of stuff, we were well-prepared for our days in the Disney World parks!
What are YOUR diaper bag essentials?
The ultimate test for Huggies® diapers & wipes is in real life – from messy first birthday parties to playground playdates. Put the new and improved products, including Huggies® Snug & Dry Diapers with NEW SureFit Design and Huggies Natural Care® Wipes with Triple Clean Layers, to the test in and out of the nursery. Become an Official Huggies® Tester at Huggies.com/Tester.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Huggies® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Huggies®
I’ve been wondering about this. I’m so nervous about taking our baby on a trip, because I’m afraid I’ll forget something. This is a great list and I love the idea of a backpack rather than just a diaper bag 🙂
Thanks, Aleta! I normally carry a diaper bag, but at Disney, a backpack was SO much easier! Super convenient. We could have all that stuff for baby, plus a change of clothes (just in case) and some other snacks for the bigger kids. Worked great!
oh this is very helpful! Five years from now me and my sister decided to go on a vacation together and we will bring with us our family. She currently has two kids 3 and 1 and I have 5 and 5m. Im already excited!
When my first boy was 3 years old we went to HK Disneyland and we didn’t have a stroller. Thinking back I’m getting heartbroken how my son would have been very tired and we can’t rent the stroller in the park because of his weight. He is not fat, just big for his age or you say tall.
Thanks for all the tips!