This Dark Chocolate Peppermint No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes recipe is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Hershey Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
Holiday season is in full-swing and part of the fun of the holidays for our family is baking! I LOVE being in the kitchen together, especially so this time of year! So, if you’re looking for a new kid-friendly recipe to try this holiday season, look no further than these double chocolate candy cane no-bake cheesecakes! They are SO good! Peppermint is our absolute favorite holiday flavor around here, so it probably comes as no surprise that the Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies are a preferred sweet treat out our house during the holidays. And, these little no-bake mini cheesecakes made with those tasty candy cane Hershey’s Kisses chocolates make for a perfect holiday treat!
The added amazing bonus to this holiday treat is that the tasty peppermint filling sits inside edible dark chocolate shells!!! SO easy and SO good! Your whole family will LOVE making these together! The first step in the process of making these delectable little treats is the dark chocolate shell! All you need is a bag of Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Chips! We melted the chips down in the microwave (in a microwave-safe bowl) and then used a pastry brush to paint the chocolate into silicone baking cups (I sprayed the cups with a little no-stick spray first).
Once the inside of each baking cup was coated with a thin layer of chocolate (just enough to coat the inside of the muffin cup), place all the cups in the freezer. Once hardened, brush on one more chocolate coat (filling in any gaps or open spots). Place back in the freezer (or refrigerator). While those are cooling/hardening, prep the delicious, no-bake, white chocolate peppermint cheesecake filling!!! SO good! For that, you’ll want a high-powered blender (what I used) or an electric mixer. You’ll get that made and then fill your muffin cups with the peppermint cheesecake filling.
Once the cheesecake is set in the cups, you’ll carefully peel away the mold to reveal perfect chocolate cups filled with the delicious peppermint cheesecake! Here’s the recipe for the peppermint no-bake cheesecake filling:
Chocolate Peppermint No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 pkg Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies
- 3 TBSP powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Whipped cream
- Hershey's Special Dark chocolate cups melted
- Remove approximately half of the Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies from the package (we used about 30) and unwrap. Melt candies in the microwave (in a microwave safe bowl).
- In a high-powered blender or electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add in melted Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies and extracts. Mix until well-combined and creamy. Mixture will look light pink.
- Spoon the peppermint filling into each of your prepared chocolate cups (or other "crust" of your choice).
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours to set.
- When ready to serve, top each cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream, a Hershey’s KissesCandy Cane Mint candy, and some crushed candy bits.
YES!! These Dark Chocolate Peppermint No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes are SO good and a super fun alternative from traditional holiday treats! I’ve already had a request to make these again! So, we may have just found a new holiday tradition!
Do you have any #NewTraditions for the holidays?! Let us know in the comments below! Be sure to visit The Hershey Company for even more great holiday treat inspiration! There are SO many Hershey’s products that you can use to create fun & tasty new family traditions with this like we did. So, grab your favorite Hershey’s products and create some sweet holiday memories together!!