Still need a cute dessert idea for Thanksgiving? Or maybe a cute little treat to make for the kids or even for the kids to make? Then, these cute turkey dessert pies are a great idea!
Aren’t they fun?! They are SO easy to make – adorable for the kids. Or, you could really make them a fun activity to make with the kids for Thanksgiving. What kids wouldn’t want little pies with candy?! Perfect!!
Making “Turkey” Chocolate Pies
If you’re making it for the kids, then this can come together so quickly. You just need a few supplies – mini pie shells, chocolate pudding (you can make your own or use store bought), candy corn, candy eyes, and some colored frosting (or candy melts). Then, with just a few minutes of assembly, you have these cute little turkey pies!
Or, if you don’t want to assemble them, this would be a great “make your own” Thanksgiving dessert to do with the kids! You could set up a little table or assembly station where the kid can create their own cute mini edible turkeys. You could have all the little pie tins filled and then let the kids create their own turkeys. It gives them something to do (without being too messy or too time intensive) and everyone has a fun edible treat at the end of it!
Other Mini Pie Ideas:
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Mini No-Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecakes
- Mini Pumpkin Caramel Pecan No- Bake Cheesecakes
- Apple Pie Mini Trifles in Mason Jars
“Turkey” Chocolate Pies Recipe:
There’s not really much of a “recipe” here. But here are the directions for putting together these cute turkey chocolate pies:
- 1 box of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package of mini graham cracker pie crusts
- 2 C. cold milk
- Candy eyes
- Candy corn
- Orange frosting
- Red frosting
- 2 small sandwich baggies
- kitchen scissors
- Prepare the chocolate pudding according to the package directions and let set.
- Scoop the chocolate pudding into the mini pie crusts.
- Decorate the pudding pies as turkeys - Give each turkey 2 candy eyes. Use 6-7 candy corn for the turkey's feathers.
- Scoop the orange frosting into a small sandwich baggie and snip one corner with the kitchen scissors. Gently squeeze the frosting out to the make a triangle beak.
- Scoop the red frosting into the other small sandwich baggie and snip one corner of baggie and gently squeeze the red frosting out forming a red waddle under the turkey's orange beak.
- Serve and enjoy!
Easy peasy! A fun little Thanksgiving treat that kids especially are sure to gobble up! Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
For more cute Turkey-themed fun food ideas, be sure to check out the post below:
*Note – Post originally published November 2016 and has been updated since.