Valentine’s Day quickly approaches and these heart sandwiches are such a cute and easy thing to make to celebrate! These would be especially perfect to pack for a special school lunch – a little something fun to send the kids off to school with! Or these little heart sandwiches could also be fun for Valentine’s breakfast, for a party, or maybe a special Valentine’s Day tea! And, what’s great is how easy they are to make!
Now, you can certainly leave the bread in tact and leave the sandwiches as squares. That’s still plenty cute with the heart cut out the middle. But, if you’re wanting something that resembles little tea sandwiches, then using the large circle cookie cutter on the bread first makes them a little extra fun and different. Once you get everything cut out and the sandwiches made, all that’s left is to add some sprinkles. I LOVE these Wilton micro heart sprinkles (affiliate link)! The bright colors are so fun and they make these little sandwiches look so festive!
Here’s the simple directions:
Cute & Easy Heart Sandwiches
- Peanut butter
- Wilton micro heart sprinkles
- Butter knife
- Large circle scalloped cookie cutter
- Small heart cookie cutter
- Using one piece of bread at a time, use your circle cookie-cutter to cut out two circles from your bread
- Spread peanut butter and jelly on one circle
- Now cut out a heart from the center of your other circle
- Place that piece of bread on top of your peanut butter and jelly bread
- Now fill in the heart with your micro heart sprinkles and you've got yourself a very cute Valentines lunch!
Aren’t they fun?! My boys certainly don’t eat things like this all the time, but I do love making cute special foods for holidays and special occasions! And, I think these would be a very sweet little “i love you” lunch!
Would your kids enjoy a little heart sandwich?