Want a fun summer twist on a classic morning drink? You could always just do some iced coffee (really, you HAVE to try the frozen caramal macchiato – so good!), but why not try some coffee popsicles too?!
I love making popsicles this time of year and these are just one more fun option—especially for coffee fans! They couldn’t be any easier to make. You’ll be basically just prep your coffee to your liking and freeze in popsicle molds. If you have an instant pop maker like our favorite (affiliate link) Zoku Quick Pop Maker, you could have them pops ready in less than 10 minutes! So really, you can make these coffee popsicles with whatever proportions & add-ins you like, but here’s a basic recipe:
- 1 1/2 C of your favorite brewed coffee cold (this could be made ahead of time, and kept in the fridge)
- 1/8 C of half & half or coffee creamer
- sugar to taste optional
- 4 ct. Popsicle mold
- Popsicle sticks optional
- Combine the cold coffee and the creamer (adjust amounts depending on how much cream you like - I tend to like a lot). Next add the sugar (optional) and mix well.
- Fill each popsicle mold with approximately ½ C. of your coffee mixture.
- Cover with the lids, freeze and enjoy. Perfect for those hot summer mornings out on the porch!
Aren’t they pretty?! They’re perfect for something cool on hot summer mornings – or even an afternoon pick me up. Just be sure to have some other kid-friendly pops on hand for the kids! Here are some great kid-friendly popsicle options…