Looking for a fun Christmas treat to make with the kids? These Christmas Tree Rice Krispies Treats will surely be a hit!
Christmas Tree Rice Krispies Treats Recipe:
- 10 oz mini marshmallows, plus more for decorating
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 6 Cups crisped rice cereal
- Green food coloring
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- candies or sprinkles of choice for decorating
- In a microwave safe bowl or medium sauce pan melt butter and marshmallows together, stirring until completely smooth.
- Color melted marshmallows mixture with green food coloring until it reaches your desired shade.
- Add cereal and stir until completely coated. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes (or until cool)
- Once mixture has mostly cooled, take a softball sized amount and shape into a large cone, being sure to leave a flat bottom.
- Melt the white chocolate and use it to draw swags around the tree in two or three rows.
- Attach candies or sprinkles to the swags to create ornaments or lights.
Easy & fun! Once you shape the trees, you could even just have a decorating station where the kids can decorate them however they like – kind of like these Christmas tree ice cream cones! Enjoy!