This Christmas Snack Idea post is sponsored by Saputo Cheese USA Inc.
The holiday season is upon us! That means there’s not only the normal, everyday activities, but extra things like school activities, fun holiday family activities, holiday parties, special holiday shows and events – it seems like there is always something going on. So, this cute Christmas snack idea is perfect for those busy, on-the-go situations or even for your holiday parties. Just make some of these string cheese candy canes made with Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese!I love that this is a fun Christmas snack that isn’t full of sugar. There are SO many sweet treats floating around during the holiday season, that it’s nice to sometimes have a non-sweet treat option! These sting cheese candy canes are fun because you still have something cute & holiday themed, but it’s a snack full of protein instead of sugar! With the free candy cane template (available to download below) below, this little snack idea is easy to put together and is super cute too. Make a bunch for the kids’ classroom parties or grab one for each of the kids (and adults) before heading out to look at Christmas lights, heading to Christmas Eve services, or even for when you head off over the river and through the woods to Grandmother’s house! ?
Here’s the directions for making your string cheese candy canes…
String Cheese Candy Cane Supplies:
Candy Cane Template (<–click there to download the free printable)
Red Card Stock
Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese
Tape or Glue
- Download and print the Candy cane template to make things easier. In order to slide the string cheese in (without ripping the paper), you’ll need LARGE candy canes.
- Use the template to cut out candy canes from card stock.
- Place the paper template over the card stock and cut over the slit lines using an X-ACTO knife, being careful to NOT cut all the way across.
- Bend and crease the candy cane just slightly to help open up the slits. You’ll want every other piece going the opposite direction (so one layer will pop forward and the next layer goes back).
- Once the slits are open, carefully slide a Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese through the slits.
- You could leave your candy canes just like that. Or, to complete the look, you can cut sections out of the hook part of the red card stock, then glue/tape on white paper to the back, giving the full candy cane look. Either way is sure to be a hit with the kids!
So fun and cute – a stringalicious Christmas snack! It’s perfect during the holidays! For even more fun snack time ideas, be sure to head over to the Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese website! Happy Christmas string cheese snacking!
Like it? Pin it!
Disclosure: This Christmas snack idea was created in connection with my agreement as a contributor to Saputo Cheese USA Inc. However all opinions, ideas, and photography are entirely my own. We’ve been eating Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese for years – long before I was blogging!