Recently, I was asked to create a Holiday project with items from the Martha Stewart’s Craft line from Plaid (sold exclusively at Michael’s). Just look at all those fabulous goodies!! L.O.V.E! Since these paints work on just about every medium possible, the only difficult part was deciding what to do! I’ve been into the flameless candles this year (SO much easier & safer with little hands around). So, I decided it would be fun to try to paint one–and I love the way it turned out! Once we have all our decorations out, I plan to place it near our nativity scene. I think the large star will be the perfect addition to the scene. And, it was SO easy to do. I foresee a few more painted flameless candles in my Christmas crafting future! 🙂
– Martha Stewart Crafts Glitter Paint in Florentine Gold Glitter and Metallic Paint in Gold Metallic and Yellow Gold Metallic.
– Martha Stewart Crafts Stencils #37 (star stencil)
– Cut the star shape from the stencil sheet.
– Adhere the star stencil to the flameless candle. You could use tape or I chose to use the stencil adhesive (which did leave a little bit of sticky residue, FYI).
– Once the stencil is stuck down well, mix the paint together (I combined the two gold metallics with a bit of gold glitter paint). With the small foam pouncer, fill in the stencil. Then, using the detailing brushes, I handpainted the word, “JOY” (you could use stencils for that if you prefer).
– Once that is relatively dry, use a slightly larger foam pouncer to apply gold glitter paint (lightly) all over the candle. The added sparkle is fun, plus, it helps hide any imperfections from the stenciling & free-handing! I think it’s a nice, warm addition to our Christmas decor.
GIVEAWAY is now closed!
One lucky Mom Endeavors’ reader will win this Martha Stewart Crafts prize package containing the following items:Two packages of Holiday-themed stencils, letters & numbers stencil pack, 6 bottles of paints, 1 package of brushes, & 1 package of sponges.
To Enter: Giveaway has ended.
1. Just leave a comment telling me what project(s) you’d like to make.
Get extra optional entries (leave a separate comment for each):
Giveaway will end on November 28th at 11pm MST. Winner with a valid entry will be selected at random using random.org and be notified via email (winner will also be posted on this post). They will have 48 hours to claim their prize before a new winner is selected.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Martha Stewart’s Crafts and Plaid. I was provided with the Martha Stewart supplies shown above and compensated for this post, however, as always, all opinions & experiences are entirely my own. See full disclosure HERE.