We just made these chicken margherita sandwiches as a Ragú® #NewTraDish mash-up recipe the whole family will love as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars…and they are SO good!!!
Mmmm! Seriously so good and SO easy to make! These chicken margherita sandwiches are perfect for a quick weeknight meal or a creative way to use up some leftovers. This is one that the whole family enjoyed! It’s a different twist on some classic recipes and part of a little creative recipe challenge. Ragú® asked me to create a few “New TraDishes” by mixing up a couple of Ragú® Classic Recipes into one new dish. I did it last month with a delicious philly cheesesteak pizza! And, this month our “New TraDish” is the chicken margherita sandwich! Ragú® has a number of quick and easy-to-make family favorite recipes – like Italian Cheese Steak Sandwiches and Chicken Margherita. So, those became my inspiration for this month’s New TraDish. I LOVE margherita pizza, so chicken margherita pizza would be delicious. But, I wanted to get a little more creative since we just did the philly cheesesteak pizza last month. So, I thought a big family-sized sandwich would be great! The whole thing is so easy to make and comes together in just a few minutes. Even better, you just need a few simple ingredients, like chicken, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and Ragú® Old World Style® Sauce! Just a little baking time in the oven and it goes from fridge to table in no time! Here’s the simple recipe:
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 Cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- 2 chicken breasts shredded or chunked (about 2 cups)
- fresh mozzarella (approx. 8 slices)
- fresh basil
- 4 TBSP butter
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Set oven to broil
- Halve bread to fit on baking sheet, cut bread halves to make a sandwich
- Place bread on baking sheet (open face up) and place in the oven under the broiler for 1 minute, just enough to slightly toast the bread.
- Remove bread and reduce oven temperature to 400.
- On one side of each bread halves (the lower sandwich side), spread on about ¼ Cup of Ragú® sauce.
- Top with chicken and spread remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Place fresh mozzarella slices over the chicken & sauce and top with fresh basil leaves.
- On the other open side of the sandwich, spread 2 TBSP butter, about 1 tsp of garlic powder and ¼ C of shredded Parmesan cheese. Repeat for other sandwich half.
- Return to oven for approximately 10-12 minutes, until heated through and cheeses start to melt.
- Once down, remove from oven and folder over like a sandwich. Cut into slices and serve warm.
Love recipes like this? You can get involved by joining the Ragú® Sauce Masters here. And, for additional delicious and easy Ragú® #NewTraDish recipe ideas, you can follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and/or Twitter.
What twists do you like putting twists on classic recipes?Pin It