This creamy & cheesy baked ziti is comfort food at its finest! It’s one recipe that the whole family is sure to love!
This is a favorite in our house – the boys absolutely LOVE it! And I don’t blame them. I mean, how can you go wrong with deliciously cheesy pasta?! I love doing a big baked ziti dish like this because it makes enough for two meals around here. I can either separate it into 2 smaller pans (and freeze one for later) or we have plenty for leftovers another night that week! Yum! It’s SO good! The flavors are basically the same as lasagna, but it’s easier to make. And I’m all for easier! The secret to all the creamy cheesiness (in addition to that cheesy layer on top) is the creamy filling. You slather it over the noodles and things get SUPER tasty! It’s a mix of cottage cheese, sour cream , and Parmesan cheese! Hello, YES! As you can see in the photo, we buy Shamrock Farms products whenever we can ! Shamrock Farms is Arizona family-owned and we love supporting local! They’re our favorite company to buy dairy products from and we’re proud to partner with them on this post! In addition to being local, there are NO added hormones! So, you’re getting pure, wholesome milk without extra junk! Yay! So, for this baked ziti, mixing together these dairy products with farm-to-table freshness is great! Once you have all your ingredients prepped, you just layer them all in your 9×13 pan and bake. After less than 30 minutes in the oven, you’ll have a bubbly, creamy, cheesy, delicious meal ready to serve!!
Here’s the easy recipe:
Cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe
- 1 box 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage
- 1- 2 jars pasta sauce
- 1/4-1/2 diced onion
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 T olive oil
- 3/4 C cottage cheese
- 3/4 C sour cream
- 1 C Parmesan cheese grated/shredded
- 2 C Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pan, heat up the oil and add the onions. Let those start cooking while you start a pot of boiling water.
- Once the onions have cooked just a bit, add the ground Italian sausage and garlic. Heat until cooked through.
- Once the water is boiling, add past and cook to al dente (about 10 minutes).
- While that cooks, mix up your creamy filling. In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream and about 3/4 C Parmesan cheese.
- Once sausage is cooked, add the pasta sauce to the pan. Stir and let simmer on low until ready to use.
- Drain pasta and get ready to assemble the ziti.
- Spray your 9x13 witha bit of cooking spray, then add about half the pasta to the bottom of the pan. Spread half the sour cream mixture over the noodles. Then pour half of the meat sauce over that. Repeat the steps.
- Once assembled, top with the mozzarella cheese and the rest of the Parmesan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly and cheese starts to brown.
- Remove from oven, serve, and enjoy!
YUM! It’s so good! Now I’m craving that for dinner tonight! Thank goodness for leftovers!
And speaking of leftovers, how would you like to have a brand new fridge to keep these tasty ziti leftovers in?!?! Our partner Shamrock Farms is giving away an awesome fridge, along with some other fantastic prizes. Years ago my first giveaway prize ever won from another blogger was a year’s supply of Shamrock Farms milk! 🙂 And, living here in Arizona, you can also plan a visit out to the farm. You can see there that farm-to-table freshness begins with quality care for happy, healthy cows! Love it! So, just click the link (or photo) below to enter!!
Shamrock Farms Pure Fresh Fridge Giveaway
Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored campaign with Shamrock Farms. All opinions and experiences are entirely my own. We were using their products long before I was blogging! 🙂
This ziti is amazing! I’ve been making it for meal trains for my friends after they have had a kid, and I now get requests for it! Thanks for this amazing recipe ☺️
Thanks so much for sharing, Natalie! Glad everyone enjoys it!