Spring break is quickly approaching and we are certainly looking forward to the break! Here in Phoenix, there are SO many great family-friendly activities to do year round. But, the winter and spring months are especially perfect for getting out and exploring the area with the (typically) sunny skies and gorgeous weather. The weather and fun activities makes the Phoenix area a popular spring break destination! So whether you’re a local Phoenician or a tourist, we’re sharing some great family-friendly ideas- perfect for spring break in Phoenix with kids!
10 Great Phoenix Spring Break Ideas with Kids!
1. SEA LIFE Arizona Aquarium – There’s something about aquariums that kids just LOVE and Sea Life Arizona is no exception. My boys always have a blast every time we come. (Click on the heading above for more info & pictures of our experiences here). Just in time for spring break, Sea Life Arizona has a new exhibit open – perfect for kids! SEA LIFE Arizona Aquarium is now home to the Ultimate Octonauts Experience where you can explore the amazing world of the Octonauts and play your part helping the crew on brand new underwater missions! Kids will love exploring a mysterious cave with Captain Barnacles and sounding the Octo-Alert to light-up the amazing creatures living inside! Fun, right?! And as a bonus…keep reading to the end where there is an awesome family 4-pack Ticket GIVEAWAY that Sea Life Arizona is sponsoring!!!!
2. Spring Training! Spring Training is a HUGE draw to the Phoenix area, with half the Major League baseball teams spending their spring here! If you’re a baseball fan, this is definitely one very popular Phoenix spring break activity!
3. Hiking! We LOVE hiking during the winter and spring months in Phoenix. No matter what part of the Valley you’re in, there is sure to be a hiking trail not too far away. Some of our favorite spots are Cave Creek Regional Park, The Gateway Trailhead at Scottsdale’s McDowell Sonoran Preserve, Piestewa Peak (aka Squaw Peak), and Pinnacle Peak Trail!
4. Visit a Museum! There’s no shortage of GREAT museums in town for families and kids! You can spend a day at the Musical Instrument Museum, Arizona Science Center, Phoenix Children’s Museum, Arizona Museum of Natural History, the IDEA Museum, and more!
5. A trip to the Zoo. Just like the aquarium, my boys always love trips to the zoo. And, here in the Phoenix area, there are two great options to choose from – The Phoenix Zoo (more central/east side) and The Wildlife World Zoo (west side). Mornings in the spring are a beautiful time in Phoenix to have some animal adventures! 6. Use a POGO Pass! The POGO pass is a GREAT deal for Phoenix families looking to have some fun! You pay for the pass once and it provides admission into all kinds of great venues around town! Be sure to use our affiliate code FAMILYDEAL to buy your POGO Pass at 60% off!
7. Park Picnic! With the gorgeous weather, it’s the perfect time to plan a fun park picnic! And there are no shortage of great parks around! One of the favorites in town for kids is actually McCormick -Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsdale. From a great playground, train ride, carousel, snacks and more, this is a fun spot to spend a few hours!
8. Tempe Town Lake. You can have an extra fun park picnic here or even spend some time on the water. Rent a paddle boat, feed the fish, or just go for a stroll along the water! The park is located not too far from the Phoenix Zoo, the Sea Life Aquarium, and some of the ball parks. So, it’s a great stop to add to your day out.
9. Fun Restaurants! Spring break is a great time to make a visit to some fun, family-friendly restaurants and/or play places. Organ Stop Pizza, Dave & Busters, Main Event, The Sugar Bowl, and Rustler’s Roost are all fun ideas!
10. Do a Resort Staycation! There are SO many family-friendly resorts in the Phoenix area (many close to some of the great ideas mentioned above). We’ve done stays at the Westin Kierland, The Point Hilton Squaw Peak, and the Arizona Grand! All are great fun for families with kids!
So many fun things, right?!
Now…how would you like to get the spring break fun started with some FREE tickets to SEA LIFE Arizona?! They’re giving away one family 4-pack of tickets (good for 4 tickets, any ages) – so you can come visit the new Ultimate Octonauts Experience and all the other ocean fun at the aquarium! Enter using the widget below. Giveaway ends March 31. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: As a Sea Life Arizona ambassador, this post is sponsored by Sea Life Aquarium. However, all opinions and experiences are entirely my own! We love local family fun activities!
My son likes the Octonauts a lot so I would love for him to be able to check out the Ultimate Octonauts Experience!
My 7 year old wants to be a marine biologist and my 4 year old is obsessing about the Octonauts, so this would be the perfect spring break trip!
PS. Tempe town lake is being drained and repaired so water activities are cancelled until late April. 🙁
We always love the hands on tanks!
The Octonauts Experience is something thatmim excited to do
seriously all of it! my girl loves animals and would probably love just about everything!
My kids love seeing the fish and playing in the jungle gym at the end!
I love the sea turtles!
I’d take my niece to see the new Octonauts exhibit!
Our baby is almost a year old and loves watching fish. She says “fiss, fiss, fiss” and it is the cutest thing ever! I’m excited to see HER excited about everything!