This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #CampGreatWolfwithCoke #CollectiveBias
Families looking for a summer fun adventure with no worries of inclement weather will love the summer camp-in experience at Great Wolf Lodge. In addition to the famous weather-proof waterparks, families will find a variety of ways to have fun and spend some quality summer time together!
We recently got to have some summer family fun at Great Wolf Lodge Anaheim during the Summer Camp-In, but you’ll find fun Summer Camp-In offerings at all the U.S.-based GreatWolf Lodge resorts this summer. So, we’re sharing all about the activities and options to help you plan your summer Great Wolf Lodge trip!
What is Summer Camp-In at Great Wolf Lodge?
From Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend this summer, all 16 U.S.-based Great Wolf Lodge resorts are taking the time-honored summer tradition of camping and turning it outside-in with an all-new family escape called Summer Camp-In. And, much like the resort’s expansive indoor waterpark, the activities planned during Great Wolf Lodge’s Summer Camp-In are completely weatherproof. So here, you don’t need to worry sunscreen, bugs, or your camp activities getting rained out. Families visiting during the summer celebration will be treated to several exclusive, limited-time offerings across the resort. The fun and activities really are non-stop with pool parties, character appearances, games, music, feasting on flame-grilled barbecue “camp cuisine” and more. There’s even campfire sing-alongs, summer camp Story Time, dance parties, and s’mores! Yes, s’mores!!!
Family Activities at Great Wolf Lodge
The Great Wolf Lodge resorts are famous for their massive indoor water parks, featuring water-filled fun for every member of the family! Whether you want to play in the waves, go for a thrilling ride down the water slides, float down the lazy river, or watch the kids frolicking in various play areas, there are SO many things to choose from! The boys had a blast playing at the waterpark for HOURS (and on multiple days)! They especially loved the obstacle course inside the waterpark. They were content to race across the water again and again and again. And while the waterpark is the centerpiece attraction at every Great Wolf Lodge, there is a plethora of other activities for families to do while at the resort. This was our first visit to a GreatWolf Lodge and we were shocked at all the various attractions/things to do! There was glow miniature golf, family bowling, video games, a massive arcade, restaurants, a glitter tattoo station, a candy store, and more! Of all these additional activities though, our boys LOVED MagiQuest the best! It’s Great Wolf Lodge’s brand-exclusive mystical adventure game where players use interactive magic wands to discover relics and runes needed to defeat goblins and dragons. The adventure took us on a quest throughout the entire resort and the boys would probably have been content to do this during our entire stay. They loved it! It is important to note that these additional activities do cost extra (with prices varying per activity). So, if you want to enjoy the full variety of things at the resort, we recommend getting a Wolf Pass. With the pass, you’ll just pay one flat rate and get to try out just about all the resort’s offerings! Visit greatwolf.com for more info on the passes!
Addition Summer Fun Activities
In addition to all the usual resort options to be found at Great Wolf Lodge, here are some of the additional summer fun activities you can check out!
- Trailblazer Challenge: Campers up for a challenge can sign up for select activities and earn a badge for every game they complete. Win bragging rights by participating in different arts and crafts projects such as friendship bracelet making and rubber ducky decorating, as well as interactive games like family trivia and corn hole challenges. When campers collect ten badges, they earn the ultimate honor – the title of Trailblazer. The boys loved participating in some of the Trailblazer craft activities! And the best part? It was all included, no extra cost!
- Character Breakfast: A bugle heralds the arrival of Wiley the Wolf, Oliver Raccoon, Sammy the Squirrel and other characters as guests are treated to a morning breakfast buffet with some flag-raising fun, tasty food and festivities. Every member will get involved during this rollicking breakfast with counselor-led songs, dances and napkin twirling. Wiley and friends will also circulate throughout the breakfast for photos and autographs.
- BBQ: Got a hankerin’ for a camper feast served hot off the grill? Mouthwatering BBQ anchors dinner menus at the resort’s main restaurant. After all, no summer camp should be without BBQ and all the fixins’. Step right up, campers! We got a full BBQ spread one night for dinner and it was super tasty!
- S’mores: We already mentioned this one, but s’more always deserve another mention. 😉 Families should make sure to leave s’more room for that savory staple of summer camp as a special s’mores dessert bar will be featured during the Summer Camp-In celebration, served up by Great Wolf Resorts’s very own culinary experts – s’moreliers. This was so fun to have as an option each night!
- Campfire Ceremony: An active day calls for winding down with family around a crackling fire. From the ceremony of lighting the fireplace the nighttime fun begins. There’s singing, face painting, s’mores, silly story-swapping, character shows and the time-honored Great Wolf Lodge tradition, Story Time. Let your hair down groovin’ the night away at a rollicking, DJ-led dance party under the stars (indoor or outdoor).
Food at Great Wolf Lodge
Though the food isn’t included in your stay (contrary to what some think, Great Wolf Lodge resorts are not “all-inclusive”), your family will find a plethora of dining options. Whether you want a sit-down restaurant, a buffet, snacks by the pool, or food in your room, you’re covered with the resort restaurants. We already mentioned the s’mores and the BBQ (which as super tasty for dinner one night), but the kids especially loved the “Hungry As A Wolf” pizza. We were able to get a pizza, breadsticks, and a 2-liter of our favorite Coca-Cola beverage of choice (if you know me well, you know mine is Coke Zero) and bring it back to our room for an easy family dinner! We saw lots of families doing this in the waterpark too! So convenient! But there were also food places inside the waterpark, perfect for a meal or some family snacks! I loved that we could sip on our favorite drinks at the waterpark while also enjoying some snacks. The pretzel was a hit, as were the chips and salsa. Plus, we always love it when we can find our favorite Coca-Cola products. Not everywhere regularly has Coke Zero, so this mama was thrilled to be able to easily find her favorite drink! We did the same with snacks & drink for our family bowling! So, we definitely enjoyed the different food options that were readily available at Great Wolf Lodge! So, between the fun food, array of activities, and camping theme, your family is sure to have a fun time at Great Wolf Lodge’s Summer Camp-In! Ready to take a trip?! Visit greatwolf.com to book your Summer Camp-In stay and make some fun summer memories with your family!
What Great Wolf Lodge activity would your kids want to do first?
Like it? Pin it!Pin It