Disney California Adventure added to the frightful fun of the Disneyland Resort at Halloween Time this year (2017) with Buena Vista Street and Cars Land getting all spooked up! And not surprisingly, Disney did such an amazing job with it! Cars Land (which is fantastic anyway) is perfectly spooktacular at Halloween!! So, as part of our #ThorRagnarokEvent Press Trip (invited and hosted by Disney), we spent an evening in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure celebrating the #Cars3Bluray release (available on Digital 10/24 and Blu-ray 11/7) – what could be better?! The night was SO fun – I cannot wait to plan another trip for Halloween. So, I’m sharing fun photos & info that will give you reasons to visit with this list of 10 must-do things at Disney California Adventure during Halloween Time!
What I love is that you’ll immediately notice the Halloween fun as soon as you arrive at the resort. Not only is the Disneyland entrance decked out with it’s traditional pumpkins for Halloween Time, but Oogie Boogie taken over the Disney California Adventure park entrance. His big shadow, along with a giant swarm of bats, set the scene quite well!
10 Must-Do Things at Disney California Adventure During Halloween Time:
1. Enjoy the Halloween Decor on Buena Vista Street!
After walking under Oogie Boogie’s giant shadow to enter the park, you’ll notice the purple decorations and bats everywhere on Buena Vista street. I loved the swarm of bats flying out of the Carthay Circle Theatre. And across from the theater, there’s a great Headless Horseman Statue! 2. Take a Photo with the Headless Horseman
This is a perfect photo opp! Not only does the statue make for a cool photo by itself, but it’s a good spot for a quick group photo! This area is also a common one to see characters for photos! Once you’ve had your Halloween fill on Buena Vista street, you’ll want to head straight for Cars Land to join in all the Haul-O-Ween fun there!!!! It’s SO great and there is SO much Halloween fun to be had in Radiator Springs!
Cars Land Haul-O-Ween
3. Take a fun photo in front of a Cars Land Haul-O- Ween sign. You’ll have to commemorate your Halloween Time trip. So, be sure you either stop at the Cars Land entrance sign (there is often a line and a photopass photographer there). OR, you can head down to the Cozy Cone Motel and take a picture with the “Trunk or Treat” Sign. I was there with quite a few good friends and we all had adorable matching DIY “Trunk or Treat” shirts! So, we had to get a photo with the sign we designed our shirts after!
4. Soak in the fun Haul-O-Ween decor. There is ghoulishly fun decor at every turn. Mummy tractors, characters in car-stumes, Spoke-y cones, spiderwebs, Halloween colored lights, etc. The imagineers did SUCH an incredible job incorporating tons of car parts and items into the decorations – like gas can pumpkins and junk spiders. It’s all SO cleverly done and the attention to detail is impeccable (as always)!! 5. Ride the Halloween Themed Rides. Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree both got a fun Halloween makeover! So, be sure to visit Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween (featuring new songs like the “Terror-antella,” “The Chop Top of Carsoli” and more) and Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree (featuring new songs like “Welcome to Radiator Screams” and “Monster Truck Smash”). SO fun! 6. Take Photos with Costumed Characters! One really fun thing for Halloween is that the residents of Radiator Springs are dressed up in car-stumes! 😉 And, you can take photos with them over at the Cozy Cone Motel! In addition to Superhero Lightning McQueen all dressed up, see if you can find Vampire Mater, Clown Red the Fire Truck, and Pirate Cruz Ramirez.
7. Eat a Meal at Flo’s V-8 Cafe. We love eating at Flo’s V-8 Cafe when we’re in Cars Land and she’s serving up some fun options for Halloween. You can try the Car-achnid Pot Pie, a Candy Cone Cream Pie, or a Grape “Ghoul”-ant Shake. YUM! 8. Grab some snacks at the Cozy Cone Motel. The Cozy Cone got a spoke-y makeover and has the treats to match! So, in addition to a meal at Flo’s, be sure to grab some snacks or treats at the Spoke-y Cone of your choice! Be on the lookout for Halloween Churros, Halloween Sprinkles, “Slow Burnin’ Mac and Cheese Cone” (served in a spooky black cauldron cone), Spoke-y Cone Macarons, Popcone with “Junkyard JamBOOree Mix”, Traffic Cone Sippers with Spoke-y Cone Halloween Stickers and Tire Pumpkin Glow Straws! SO much awesome themed food! 9. Ride Guardians of the Galaxy: Monsters after Dark. Once you’ve had your fill of Cars Land, be sure to head over to Guardians of the Galaxy: Monsters After Dark! The all-new Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout ride got a super spooky & fun Halloween overlay. This Halloween version of the ride starts every day at 5pm during Halloween Time). It’s features some changes to the ride queue, new hard rock music, new (scarier) Monster-filled vignettes, and the same great drop-ride style fun!
10. Use MaxPass to save time with rides! The Disney Max Pass is a new feature that you can add to your ticket, allowing you to make your next ride FASTPASS reservation right from your phone! SO easy and convenient, especially if you’re on limited time and want to maximize it! This can help you make sure you can get on Guardians: Monsters After Dark, Radiator Springs Racers, plus all the fun Halloween-themed rides at Disneyland!
Once you’ve enjoyed everything at California Adventure, head across the way to experience all the Disneyland Halloween Time fun there!
We LOVE all the new updates to California Adventure for Halloween. Cars Land is one of our family’s favorite things at any Disney park, so we love what they did there! We can’t wait to go as a family for Halloween.In the meantime, we’re going to have some Cars fun at home with CARS 3 – available on Digital 10/24/17 and Blu-ray 11/7/17! So be sure to buy your copy of the Cars 3 (<–affiliate link) and plan a fun movie night! You can even make some of our fun Cars Land-inspired Spoke-y Cone Krispie Treats to enjoy while you watch!
What do you do when you’re excited about the Cars 3 Bluray/DVD release and you’re wishing you could take the kids to @Disneyland to see Cars Land Haul-O-Ween? You make some fun “Spoke-y” Cone Krispie Treats to enjoy at home! The boys thought these treats were spooktacular! 😉 Full directions on the blog soon! Have you been to Cars Land for Halloween?
What do you love most about Halloween Time at Disney California Adventure?
If you’re thinking about planning a trip and want to save some money, read on for a great money-saving offer!
Save money $$$$ on your Disneyland Halloween Vacation…
Consider booking through Get Away Today and mention promo code MOMENDEAVORS for an extra $10 off your 2-night or longer Southern California vacation package! That’s who we use to book our trips and so we’re thrilled to partner with them as an affiliate! They genuinely love Disney and really make the whole process so easy, as well as being great about getting you the best deal! You can even book long in advance and use their layaway plan – a great way to get a jump start at planning next year’s Disney Halloween trip! So, Use our exclusive Get Away Today coupon code: MOMENDEAVORS to save even more. You can book online or call their agents at 855-GET-AWAY.Pin It