Made with just 6 ingredients, these Apricot Oatmeal Crumble Bars are easy to make for a simple dessert or maybe even a sweet breakfast treat!
Yum! These apricot bars are SO good – just the right mix of sweet, tangy, and crumbly! I especially love that they’re made with more oatmeal than flour.
Easy Recipe with Oats
Rolled oats are a staple in our house! I love baking with them and have been on an oats kick lately. Everyone at our house is big fans of these oatmeal muffins and overnight slow cooker oats are always a great option! So, I thought it was a great time to share these delicious apricot oatmeal bars. They work well as an “anytime” sweet treat. Obviously, they make a simple & delicious dessert. But they would certainly look beautiful as part of a brunch spread! Not only are these bars tasty, but they are really easy to make! You probably have all the ingredients on hand already, except for possibly the apricot preserves. Recipes with very few ingredients like this are always a win! With just 6 in these apricot bars, you just really can’t go wrong!
You can use store bought or you can make our easy apricot jam/compote recipe if you happen to have some apricots on hand. Our favorite store-bought apricot preserves variety is this one (affiliate link). But you can’t ever go wrong with homemade if you’d prefer. Just note, if you do make homemade apricot preserves, they may likely be a little runnier than the store-bought variety. The taste will still be fabulous though! YUM! Whichever apricot preserves you choose, making the bars is super easy! Just a little mixing and layering, then bake! Super easy! Then, about 30 minutes later, you’ll have these tasty bars whipped up and ready to eat! MMmmmmm! Now I’m craving one of these! I love crumbly, fruity treats like this!
Apricot Oatmeal Crumble Bars Recipe
- ½ C butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ C packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1¼ C rolled oats
- ¾ C flour
- 1 C apricot preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, brown sugar, baking soda, oats and flour using a fork & knife or a pastry cutter,
- Measure out 2 cups of the oat mixture and gently press into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Carefully spread the apricot preserves over the crust stopping about ¼" from the crust edge.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble topping over the top of the preserves.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into bars, and enjoy!
So, you’ll definitely want to pin this one to try! You could always substitute different fruit spreads instead too. Let us know if you try something new and how it turns out!
Like it? Pin it!
Best Bar Recipes
Looking for even more bar recipes? Here are some other favorites from the blog!Pin It