Enjoy these Apricot Oatmeal Bars for a simple dessert or maybe even a sweet breakfast treat!
Yum! I’m on an oats kick lately – making oatmeal muffins and overnight slow cooker oats! Between my oatmeal kick and the holiday baking season rapidly approaching, I thought it was a great time to share these delicious apricot oatmeal bars. They work well as an “anytime” sweet treat. They make a delicious dessert. But they would certainly look beautiful as part of a brunch spread! Not only are these bars tasty, but they are really easy to make! You probably have all the ingredients on hand already, except for possibly the apricot preserves. You can use store bought or you can make our easy apricot jam/compote recipe if you happen to have some apricots on hand. Super easy and about 30 minutes later, you’ll have these tasty bars whipped up! Here’s the easy recipe:
- ½ C butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ C packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1¼ C rolled oats
- ¾ C flour
- 1 C apricot preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, brown sugar, baking soda, oats and flour using a fork & knife or a pastry cutter,
- Measure out 2 cups of the oat mixture and gently press into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Carefully spread the apricot preserves over the crust stopping about ¼" from the crust edge.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble topping over the top of the preserves.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into bars, and enjoy!
MMmmmmm! Now I’m craving one of these! I love crumbly, fruity treats like this! So, you’ll definitely want to pin this one to try! You could always substitute different fruit spreads instead too! Let us know if you try something new and how it turns out!
Like it? Pin it!
Looking for even more bar recipes? Here are some other favorites from the blog!Pin It