This cheesy, delicious hot corn dip is sure to be a win at your next football tailgate or party!
Football season is back again! College Football Saturdays in the fall are a tradition for us! Game watching, fun food, tailgating/homegating parties – super fun, especially when we’re cheering for our Huskers! So, we were thrilled when the season kicked off this past week! Just like in past years here on the blog, you can expect some football fun throughout the fall. We’re kicking off this season with a tasty corn dip recipe! Really, what could be more perfect while cheering on the Cornhuskers than some tasty hot corn dip?! I had to throw in a couple of ears of corn to the table too for some added team spirit! 😉 Love it! The corn dip is SO easy to make! You can whip it up in just a few minutes and it’s full of flavor & cheesy goodness! Here’s the recipe:
Hot Corn Dip
- approx 3 cups corn kernels 2 cans of corn, drained
- 1 small can green chiles
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream can sub with greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or jack & cheddar cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together sour cream, cream cheese, spices, and shredded cheese (saving out at least 1/4 cup of shredded cheese for topping).
- Gently add in the corn kernels (drained if using canned), green chiles, and onions.
- Spread mixture into a 2 quart baking dish. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until heated through & cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven & serve hot with tortilla chips
Yum! It’s super tasty – a little spicy and cheesy! Perfect for game watching!
Need more football ideas for your game-watching and tailgating this weekend? For our football fun this year, I’ve teamed up with a group of other creative bloggers to share some fun football game day ideas. Expect to see some “Football Fridays” around the blog! So, this week we’ve got you covered with some DIY team spirit wear, football decor, and more great game-watching recipes! Don’t they look great?! Be sure to pin this list for future reference and then click around to see all the other 10 football fun posts!
- Hot Corn Dip
- White Chicken Chili
- DIY BYU Cougars Team Spirit Shirt
- DIY Team Jersey Earrings
- Tailgating Party Munchie Mix
- DIY Football Drink Tub
- Apple Snickers Tailgate Dippers
- Game Day Cereal Snack Mix
- 7-layer Football Field Dip
- DIY Football Field Table Cover
Stay tuned for other Fridays throughout the fall, where we’ll be back with all kinds of other tailgating recipes and fun football ideas!
What’s YOUR favorite game day dip?
Thanks for putting this together! That dip sounds AH-MAZ-ING! I pinned it to make next time I have people over. Go Huskers!
Can you omit the green peppers? If not, is the dip spicy?…thanks
I’m sure you could, but it would change the flavor a bit. The dip is a bit spicy, but definitely not overly so. 🙂
If I doubled the recipe do I need to double the time as well?
Dip is awesome. Great for friends get together.
Tried this dip without chilies and it was divine! Love this recipe thank you!
This dip is good. I will use 1 cup pepper jack cheese next time to add some kick. It’s very mild as written, but still tasty. Might also cook onion first.
I am a very picky eater…this is delish!! I made for a church gathering…Every bit was gone, so I made my own dish of it….So good!!!
Could I use garlic and herb cream cheese?
I’m sure you could! Let us know if it turned out!
Can this be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to go in oven? TIA 🙂
Yes! You could totally make this ahead – I’d say the night before or morning of and then refrigerate until baking!
I’ve been looking for new dips ideas to try and this one is on my list. Thanks
Loved this recipe…so did everyone else who devoured it! I did change it a bit by adding fresh garlic and fresh red bell peppers for color. I reserved a bit of the corn, chopped it fine and roasted it to add to the top with a bit of green scallions.
So glad everyone enjoyed it, Susan! Thanks for commenting to let us know!
I added 1-2 tbs sugar and and some crushed pepper flakes. The hint of sweet/warmth, added great flavor!
I added a little sugar and crushed pepper flakes. It enhanced all the flavors nicely!
I added a little sugar and crushed pepper flakes. It enhanced the flavors nicely!