Need a convenient weeknight meal that kids are sure to enjoy too? This cheeseburger casserole is super easy to put together and is a crowd pleaser at our house! Big Brother’s favorite thing is cheeseburgers and a certain Baby Brother loves french fries, so this was a great flavor combination all in one dish! The best part is that this came together really quickly–almost a one pan dish! And, this would also make a great freezer meal! The Ore-Ida® French Fries are frozen anyway. So, you could prep everything for the casserole and freeze. Then, just bake and top with the fresh ingredients! It doesn’t get easier or more convenient than that! Here’s the recipe:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (we used 93%)
- ¼ Cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 TBSP yellow mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 approx 2lb. bag Ore-Ida® Golden Crinkles®
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- diced tomatoes
- diced dill pickles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a pan on the stove, brown ground beef and onions with worcestershire sauce. Once cooked through, add tomato sauce, mustard and garlic powder. Stir until combined.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray and pour the meat mixture into the pan. Spread into an even layer.
- Lightly sprinkle with meat mixture with some of the cheese.
- Top with Golden Crinkles®, spread into an even layer.
- Top with the remaining cheese (add a little more if you like it cheesy).
- Bake at 400 for about 25 minutes (or until cheese is melted & fries become golden brown).
- Remove from oven and top casserole with diced fresh tomatoes and pickles
Yum! This casserole is so great for an easy weeknight meal!
Ore-Ida® uses only 100% fresh, American grown potatoes for their French Fries and Tater Tots. It’s quality you can feel good about, and the convenience you need in your busy life. Visit http://www.oreida.com for more great recipe ideas and to learn more!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ore-Ida. The opinions and text are all mine.